PDA

View Full Version : Question for mr. Careluk

nike123
13-02-2008, 12:12 PM
Cheers mr. Careluk!

In several occasions I installed Carel remote control MCHTER00C0 to be able to remote control Galletti air-to-water heat pumps. These are supplied by Galletti.
I have frequent failure of these remotes right after commissioning (CN on remote display regardless of right wiring, dip switch setting on remote and controller, and parameter H8 setting). Their remote card module (RS485) are somehow damaged with static electricity (I presume) during communication cable wiring to remote card module (I keep him detached from remote and holding him with bare hands).

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2165/2262689508_8f3ba9c119_d.jpg

From what I found about these IC-s on remote card module, they have EDP (Electrostatic discharge protection). Still, when I replace them with new IC-s and take care about static electricity when commissioning, I get normal communication between remote control and Microchiller controller (no CN on display and all function works ).
Could you please investigate this and tell me what is happening, and what are precautions that this doesn't occurs again?

Also, I noticed some corrosion on soldier side of LCD display at all these remote controls till today. Could you, please, see attached picture and explain what it is, and is it of concern for future functioning?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2198/2262689212_25c51041b5_d.jpg

Thanks in advance for your contribution on this matter,

Nike.

Renato RR
13-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Nike 123 how do you conect UTP cable with conector for Carel?
How long is wiering betwen remote and master?
Where is instaled unit which have those problems?
Near the see?
Is this new unit or operate 1 or 2 years?
Does power cables goes together with UTP?

Best regsrds,
RR:eek:

nike123
13-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Nike 123 how do you conect UTP cable with conector for Carel?

On first picture you see connection card with screw terminal. There goes cable J-Y(St)Y 6x2x0,8mm2.

How long is wiering betwen remote and master?
25m

Where is instaled unit which have those problems?
Near the see?,
Yes , but this is happening during commissioning, so sea does not have influence on that yet.

Is this new unit or operate 1 or 2 years?
New unit!

Does power cables goes together with UTP?

Yes but, as you see from cable label, it is shielded, and one end of shield is earthed at chiller ground point as it is suppose to be.

Renato RR
13-02-2008, 04:45 PM
microchiller 1 is no longer in production for 1,5year.
So unit must be old at least one year.
Could be that unit was on stock for 1 year.Maybe in some humid area.That explains changes on board.
Power line and comunication cable should not be near each other newer.
Cn could be that cable is in break.Or wrong wired.Also to long.

nike123
13-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Could be that unit was on stock for 1 year.Maybe in some humid area.That explains changes on board.
Power line and comunication cable should not be near each other newer.
Cn could be that cable is in break.Or wrong wired.Also to long.

If that is a case, how then you explain, that after change of connection card (on first picture) everything is OK.;)
Second, how you explain that shielded communication cable near power cable don't produce any problems on all installed units by me.;)

nike123
13-02-2008, 05:19 PM

That doesn't explain why it is present on all new units (right from package) in last 6-7 years.

Renato RR
14-02-2008, 02:44 PM
How do you explain that I dont have such problem.
Maybe you have strong magnetic fild produced by your body.
Ha,ha dgust joke by country man.

Best regards,
RR;)

nike123
14-02-2008, 03:13 PM
How do you explain that I dont have such problem.
Maybe you have strong magnetic fild produced by your body.
Ha,ha dgust joke by country man.

Best regards,
RR;)

Maybe my 150kg body produce much more static electricity then someone with 80kg!:D:D