PDA

View Full Version : Tk Sr2 Code 26

tkjimmy
11-02-2008, 06:27 PM
hey all

i went to a tk toptech class a while ago and did not get this question answered you guys seem to be pretty smart

sr2 at a 50 degree box will code 26 after 15 minutes if td drops below 5.0

at a 10 box the td is even less before codes 26

i have downloads of units with a 8.0 td at 70 box
that code 26

im told that the td is now variable for different box temps

does anyone no the formula tk uses on the sr2

i got that info from service eng.

thanks tkjimmy

absolute-zero
11-02-2008, 10:29 PM
hey all

i went to a tk toptech class a while ago and did not get this question answered you guys seem to be pretty smart

that code 26

thanks tkjimmy

Good question,

When the unit is in engineering labs being tested TDs are being calculated along with unit performance.

There are many factors when considering what a normal td is, such as:

Model of unit.
Optional etv.
Modulation.
Air chute
Optiset modulation temp bands, based off floor limit.
Cargo not loaded correctly causing short cycle.

If you are getting a code 26 which is low capacity, is it doing it in heat mode or cool mode?

There is no simple algorythim to figure out what your asking.

You need to send me that down load, so i can see what the S/W revision and compare all the TD data against the additional data offered in technican mode.

tkjimmy
12-02-2008, 06:19 PM
not sure how to send other than email

absolute-zero
12-02-2008, 06:33 PM
not sure how to send other than email

Check your email...:) and reply with download attachment.

A-Z

absolute-zero
12-02-2008, 09:14 PM
From the download I am seeing quick temp pull downs, from 80 degrees f to Zero degrees quickly, This would indicate a couple things, loading while unit running at well sealed frozen dock, or short cycling, from bulk head or product improperly loaded.

I am ruling out compressor capacity and or other refrigeration related components based on the unit quick temperature pulldown. with ambient temps exceeding 80 degrees F.

Here are some items you should look at or possibly be concerned with as well make the customer aware of.

What is the trailer dimensions?
Do they use divider bulkheads? If so where is it set In reference to length of trailer.
Do these units have return air bulk heads?
What is the product they load?
Do they load product off the floor?
Do they load product too high?Those are all the listed items that can cause the codes your seeing, based off the download you gave me.

A-Z

daniel ox
13-02-2008, 11:24 PM
tkjimmy,i would be thinking it has to be in your optiset programiing, i take it your talking in F not C so id expect a much greater td at those box temps, or your etv is not opening fully?? do you know the software revisions and what units are you having the dramas with?? SB or SL This all comes into it, let us know ok

hey all

that code 26

thanks tkjimmy

absolute-zero
14-02-2008, 02:06 AM
tkjimmy,i would be thinking it has to be in your optiset programiing, i take it your talking in F not C so id expect a much greater td at those box temps, or your etv is not opening fully?? do you know the software revisions and what units are you having the dramas with?? SB or SL This all comes into it, let us know ok

Daniel, I agree that optiset and ETV has an influence on TDs, but not in this case.

If it were an optiset controlled TD, it would not produce an alarm code for capacity as this is the way the unit is expected to run.:)

Based on the download I saw, I dont believe he has any capacity issues.. also unit its not equipped with optional ETV, so Fresh Set and etv problem are eliminated.

The download clearly shows from the time the unit is started at 80 degrees f till it reaches -5 degrees f is around 30 minutes.

Regards A-Z