PDA

View Full Version : Drum-type Flake-Ice makers, selection: help!

Ice Blaster
11-02-2008, 03:51 PM
Good afternoon, I am new here!

New here, and relatively new to the field. Although at the beginning I'll try to avidly read these forums to learn more, where possibile I will try to give my help too.

Now, though, I am here to ask for you to illuminate my steps!

For a definitely non-conventional application (I can say now that the ice flakes will have to be ejected at high speed from a nozzle), I am looking for an ice maker that suits our need.

I have already done an extensive search on the available technologies, and where possible I sourced the relative patents (so, by the way, if you need this kind of information, I can help you; just contact me). I came to the point where I am trying to choose between: Geneglace, North Star, Technicold, MAJA.

MAJA is the most different of these, as you know. Its biggest problem is that if I want a much colder ice, I can't: because MAJA uses a bath of water, I will only obtain a thicker ice. The other three ones are nicer for me because they use sprayed water.

I have the following requirements:

1) The machine shall be used on site in the UK, therefore it is imperative that the electric input be 110 V, single phase, or adaptable to that. If the ice maker is available separately from the cooling unit, I need the electrical compatibility of both.
2) The rotational speed of the harvester (or the drum) must be variable. We might want to achieve ice thickness in the 0.5 to 3 mm range. If this is not directly possible, the difficulty of tweaking this setting after the unit has left the
factory should be limited.
3) The unit of the initial purchase will have a capacity of about 14 kg/h, nevertheless larger-scale models must be available (about 40 kg/h) for subsequent phases of the project.
4) The ice must not come out of the unit in a compacted form - we need loose flakes.
5) The ice should be dry, not wet.

Could you please help me with your experience?
Do you know other makers that I have omitted?

thanks,

Marco

grantice
07-07-2008, 06:28 AM
Your request is too high, maybe

ntfreezer
16-07-2008, 08:46 AM
You can link.
http://www.worldbase.cn/product7.html

Peter_1
16-07-2008, 09:24 PM
What temperature must the flakes have?

I think a modified Geneglace can accomplish this task: a VFD on the scraper and a VFD on the compressor so that you can play with the evaporating temperature.
Don't forget the salt dosing system.

Geneglace flakes are around -7°C