PDA

View Full Version : vrv 3

transit 1
09-02-2008, 11:58 PM
hi guys poor air offs on vrv3 heat rec .have u had this gas charge ok no nitro in system cheers

nike123
10-02-2008, 12:21 AM
Hi transit 1!
Don't you think that this slang is not appropriate for this type of audience ( mostly serious middle age engineers from all over the world and without decent slang knowledge)?
I personally, could not understand what are you asking here, without lot of guessing and detective work.
What interest then I (or anybody else) will have to read, understand, and give help if I could, if you don't have will to said clearly what bother you.
This is not lecture, it is just opinion.

The Viking
10-02-2008, 12:41 AM
hi guys poor air offs on vrv3 heat rec .have u had this gas charge ok no nitro in system cheers

My guess at what this means:

Good afternoon my fellow engineers,

I am experiencing poor (air) delta Ts across the indoor units of a Daikin VRV III system.
I have verified that the system has the correct refrigerant charge and that no non-condensables are present inside the system.

Have any of you esteemed fellow engineers experienced similar problems with these systems?
Or otherwise got any suggestions on how I might improve the workings of said system?

Thank you dear sirs for taking the time to read this message and thank you in advance for any and all advice you might be able to give.
:D

The Viking
10-02-2008, 12:45 AM
I think you need to get a service checker on the system, that's the easiest way of determine what's it doing.

As it's a VRV III, it's still under warranty.

Why not get your supplier on site and have a look?

nike123
10-02-2008, 12:58 AM

I am experiencing poor (air) delta Ts across the indoor units of a Daikin VRV III system.
I have verified that the system has the correct refrigerant charge and that no non-condensables are present inside the system.

Have any of you esteemed fellow engineers experienced similar problems with these systems?
Or otherwise got any suggestions on how I might improve the workings of said system?

Could you give me link on that translator software/page? :D:D

The Viking
10-02-2008, 01:07 AM
Could you give me link on that translator software/page? :D:D

Sorry, it's only available in hardware form.
Normally it's fuelled by the famous Swedish, slightly dry, white wine called "Absolut".
Hence, normally, only operational for a short period on Saturday evenings.

Grizzly
10-02-2008, 01:38 AM

Have you thought about Teaching Viking, your versatility is amazing. What's in that absolut? and thanks for the translation.
Nike don't be to hard on transit 1, it only took 3 months to compile the post.
Most of the geordies I know are quicker than that!Mind if it's a responce that was sort it worked.
As for SERIOUS MIDDLE AGED ENGINEER. According to my new company position I am now a TECHNICIAN. Who is trying to, using transit's parlance "LIGHTEN UP".
PARTY ON DUDES1
Grizzly

The Viking
10-02-2008, 03:11 AM
Grizzly,

Mainly grain.:D

Obi Wan
10-02-2008, 04:58 AM
Hello Transsit 1,

It would help to know a bit more about the kit and the problem.

What type of system do you have? Heat pump or heat recovery?
Is the problem in heating mode or cooling only or both?
What is the air on temp?

I like most other “serious middle aged engineers”:( have come across this, but there are lots of reasons as to why this may be happening.

Regards

Obi Wan

frank
10-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Mainly grain.:D
They had a good Absolut Bar in Barbados at the Gap that 'Rocked' on a Saturday night - needless to say it was visited on more than one occasion :)

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o38/frankyboy_01/DSC_004646.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o38/frankyboy_01/DSC_005151.jpg

stuartwking
12-02-2008, 11:21 PM
Viking i like your style,,.Some more details on the system would be good as i had a night mare of a job on a VRV III last week.,.

The Viking
12-02-2008, 11:40 PM
Sorry Stewart,

Don't ask me about Daikins today.

Spent all day replacing a solenoid valve and a strainer, the job is still not finished!!

Whoever is in charge of their outdoor unit's internal pipe layout should be taken out to a public square and hung from his b@ll@x.....

Putting a strainer at the very back of a snake's nest of pipe-work :eek:, can't even reach it! Whatever next???

(Don't get me wrong, I still like Daikin's but sometimes even they takes the pi@@)

transit 1
15-02-2008, 03:05 AM
sorry for delay being away all week viking you the man will send more info tommorow cheers . i forgot to say i am only 12 years old :)