PDA

View Full Version : Replacement R22 aircon compressor

Electrocoolman
09-02-2008, 03:51 AM
Hi all,
Trying to source a replacement R22 compressor, single ph PSC, 31cc 5300W duty for a LG unit.

Been quoted 400+ !!! by LG distributor, but original is a Matsush1ta J series compressor. (2JS318G3AS02)
SRW have a Mitsubishi of similar capacity at about half the price, but as yet I don't know physical details and dimensions. They also do a Samsung compressor, even cheaper still, but long wait for stock.

Basically does anyone know of other UK sources / wholesalers who sell this type of compressor (ie. rotary aircon) ?

Thanks. ECM.

S_Line
12-02-2008, 02:12 PM
We get this all the time also.

Its a shame there is not a compressor company out there in the UK that can say,

Yes this compressor will work fine on X make model unit.

As we all know the LG / Daikin / companies rip people off with replacement compressor prices.

A gap in the market maybe ?
I think so very much.

frank
12-02-2008, 10:08 PM
Give these people a ring - very friendly and helpful.
http://www.derbyshire-refrigeration.co.uk/

superswill
12-02-2008, 10:24 PM
or try

http://www.wave-ac.co.uk/

Electrocoolman
12-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Thanks Frank, will give them a try.

The main variables between a/c compressors appears to be height of connections, pitch circle radius of the mounting feet, and the orientation of the suction accumulator....which is the main obstacle.

Fingers crossed!!

Electrocoolman
12-02-2008, 10:58 PM
Thanks Paul.

BTW whats your opinion of Samsung equipment...intrested in longevity of their compressors...(see my 1st post re samsung compressor price).....I believe you have experience of their products?

Thnx Adrian.

nike123
12-02-2008, 11:03 PM
Thanks Frank, will give them a try.

The main variables between a/c compressors appears to be height of connections, pitch circle radius of the mounting feet, and the orientation of the suction accumulator....which is the main obstacle.

Fingers crossed!!

You could always strip with angle grinder mounting feet from replacement compressor and arc weld mounting feet from original to replacement with orientation of your choice (30 min job in garage).

superswill
13-02-2008, 01:16 AM
Thanks Paul.

BTW whats your opinion of Samsung equipment...intrested in longevity of their compressors...(see my 1st post re samsung compressor price).....I believe you have experience of their products?

Thnx Adrian.

experience is a nice way to put it,samsung use copeland compressors so for me there right up there with maneurop as the best on the market,there VRV (samsung DVM) uses a copeland digital scroll see link for more info:

http://www.gotoemerson.com/jsp/news/drelease.jsp?ReleaseID=2996

the splits are good value (although i hear are working out close to the "big three" in some case) and do what you would expect for a mid range/priced system

as for comps ive changed two on splits in almost two years and one myself on there VRV but have heard of another two down around the contry,but as we all know the gear is only as good as the Installation and commissioning regardless of badge

pm me if you need any help with the samsung gear or me info,as they dont pay my wages and iam not a salesman i will offer only honest advise