PDA

View Full Version : Fowarded to Webmaster by Frosty

WebRam
28-03-2001, 07:43 AM
Further to the thread 'where is everyone' in the industrial sector, I write to forward some information on CO2. I was, shall we say, engaged in some friendly banter with Marc about this topic, who was requesting info on the subject.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I have not been able to log on for a while, but now I have the chance and after consulting the Ashrae manuals, I have the information required.

P.S. let marc know that he was right about obtaining the info, yes, I did have to refer to various literature - after all, this is 'new technology', and is very much in it's infancy. He would probably have to do the same if I asked him to quote me specific info on methyl chloride!!!!!! Anyway here goes: -

Triple Point Temp: - 56.57 Degrees C

Info @ TP: Absolute Pressure = 0.518 MPa; Density of
liquid = 1178.3 m3/kg; Vapour Volume = 0.072 m3/kg; Enthalpy (kj/kg) Liquid
= 80.48
Vapour = 431.10; Entropy (kj/kg/k)
Liquid = 0.522 Vapour = 2.141; Specific Heat Content (kj/kg/k) Liquid =
1.995 Vapour = 0.859
Thermal Conductivity (mW/m/k) Liquid =
180.6 Vapour 11.30

Critical Point Temp: 30.98 Degrees C

Conditions @ 20 Degrees C

Absolute Pressure = 5.727 MPa; Density of
liquid = 773.3 m3/kg; Vapour Volume = 0.00514 m3/kg; Enthalpy (kj/kg)
Liquid = 255.91
Vapour = 407.57; Entropy (kj/kg/k) Liquid
= 1.1879 Vapour = 1.7052; Specific Heat Content (kj/kg/k) Liquid = 4.259
Vapour = 4.585
Thermal Conductivity (mW/m/k) Liquid =
87.2 Vapour 34.19

I hope people that are interested will find the above informative, If anyone
requires PH charts or any further info, my Email No is PStacey859@aol.com.

PS As the previous thread is now closed, can you distribute this info to all concerned.
Thanks

starman
08-04-2001, 06:00 PM
I see its went all quiet on the STAR V FRIDGETECH front.

I also see there is a new Star engineer on the site.

Can we see a resumption of the hostilities (where the hell is the spellchecker) or has Marc (name?) called a truce ;)

I am away for a couple of week again. Hope to see a good going fight when I get back :)

WebRam
08-04-2001, 06:14 PM
Oh NO,

Just when I thought things were going nicely, I get Starman baiting them.

I also suggest that you change your name from "Starman" if you really dont have anything to do with Star, its only a suggestion mind. Anything to stop Marc from getting rilled up :)

Prof Sporlan
10-04-2001, 01:07 AM
I've never lost an argument on the web since I first started around late 1994(Prof excluded of course), the Prof has been around on the net since even before me I would beleive. The Prof has been paying ISP fees for a very long time indeed, and he shudders to think of the e-posting trail he has left on the Usenet and various bulletin boards.... Andy Warhol believed everyone would be famous for 15 minutes. I suspect some of us e-posters may well be remembered much longer... :(

[Edited by Prof Sporlan on 10-04-2001 at 01:12 AM]

Dan
13-04-2001, 05:43 PM
[B]
I've never lost an argument on the web since I first started around late 1994(Prof excluded of course), the Prof has been around on the net since even before me I would beleive.

I would agree on both counts. However, that does not mean Marc has won all his arguments, either.:) I will win an argument some day with either the Professor or Marc. I have to believe that, or why argue?

Arguing to me is one of the better ways to learn something that I don't understand. I don't have a problem referring to it as a fight or a contest, either. One cannot extract the answer that will provide understanding unless one tells another I think you are wrong because this is how I see it.

It is a much weaker process to raise your hand and tell the teacher that you don't follow him, because he won't know on which path you are lost.

Regarding Carbon Dioxide. Are we talking about vapor compression direct expansion systems? I am quite curious about that. How do we overcome the critical temperature/pressure? Is such a system viable?

Dan

Frosty
08-02-2002, 11:28 PM
Hi Dan

The critical temp issue can only be addressed by using some form of condensing medium that keeps the CO2 high side pressure below 31 degrees C.

The CO2 systems that are currently being tested utilise an an additional system (typically NH3) to cool the CO2 condenser (cascade)

Frosty