The Viking
07-02-2008, 10:01 PM
OK,
Middle of the range manufacturer.

nike123
07-02-2008, 10:42 PM
OK,
Middle of the range manufacturer.

Could you please tell me what is your criteria for this accusation.

The Viking
07-02-2008, 11:17 PM
Could you please tell me what is your criteria for this accusation.

No accusation at all.

They supply fairly all right, medium priced units.

Not really at the same standard as Toshiba or Daikin but cheaper to buy.

A lot better than LG but more expensive to buy.

As I said, an OK middle of the range manufacturer.

:cool:

(They even qualified for a link from my website)

nike123
07-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Could you say to us (or me) what is your experience with Toshiba and Fujitsu in numbers. I mean, if you have some experience with both of manufacturers is that experience based on numbers or is it based on personal feeling.

Grizzly
07-02-2008, 11:35 PM
No accusation at all.

They supply fairly all right, medium priced units.

Not really at the same standard as Toshiba or Daikin but cheaper to buy.

A lot better than LG but more expensive to buy.

As I said, an OK middle of the range manufacturer.

:cool:

DO THEY GO "CHIRP A CHIRP A CHEEP CHEEP"
Grizzly.
If you understand that one Viking. You have either been here to long. Or your countries choice in music is as bad as ours!

The Viking
07-02-2008, 11:50 PM
Numbers?.....

Impossible to say I'm afraid. (It's too many to count in both cases)

Why I holding one above another?
It's hard to say. Everything from feel, quality of manuals, training, availability of spares, to quality of the technical support comes in to it.

Look at cars.
A Skoda will transport your family as well as a Volvo or a Mercedes.
They are in different price ranges and you would expect different quality/performance/lifespan accordingly.
Nothing different when it comes to A/C systems.

If all you need is to take your family for a short spin on a Sunday afternoon then the Skoda is perfect.
But If you travel thousands of miles every month and you want a bit more quality you get a Volvo.
And if you really can't afford to be without a car for your daily life and you want to travel in comfort, you would have to spend a bit more money and get the Merc.

(Oh, I've opened another can of worms now, haven't I):D

nike123
08-02-2008, 12:08 AM
Don't crucified me because of this words, but I think that you didn't worked with Fujitsu more than with Toshiba and your impression is based on your work and not on concrete data of failure rate, noise, customer satisfaction and etc....

Newer mind, I say that every manufacturer have flagstaff but that flag don't make him best in all range of products. That is reason for keep good reserve when talking about manufactures in general.

Brian_UK
08-02-2008, 12:31 AM
One comment from me on Fujitsu -

I don't like the plastic fascia.

Appearance counts as well.

The Viking
08-02-2008, 07:52 AM
Newer mind, I say that every manufacturer have flagstaff but that flag don't make him best in all range of products. That is reason for keep good reserve when talking about manufactures in general.

At least we agree on something then:D

Have a look at the advice I give to end-users on my website, you will see that I say exactly that;)

nike123
08-02-2008, 11:03 AM
One comment from me on Fujitsu -

I don't like the plastic fascia.

Appearance counts as well.

If we talk about wall units, I newer succeed to brake any of them, and I abusing them allot.;) Buyers holding their heads when I pushing them on hooks.:D
Jes, they are pretty low spaced behind to make left connection, but when you assort them properly, you don't have much (or at all) problems.

Appearance is question of taste, and I have been instructed that never discuss that.;)

If we talk about plastic outdoor units, I like them, especially here on islands where salt in the air makes every other, just pile of rust in few years.:)

Comparing with Toshiba I don't see any qualitative difference in materials, performance and noise , and I worked with both.
Only difference is that Toshiba advertise him self as No. 1 in world.
I just don't see on what criteria is that statement.

nike123
08-02-2008, 11:08 AM
I

if you blindfold me i would install daikin wall mount without getting stuck.If you don't believe it you can bet.;)

That I can say for Fujitsu. It is only matter of experience and practice.

I have friend of mine, who could disassemble and reassemble gun in his pocket with only one hand.:D

grump
08-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Qualitair the unit of the sixty,s and seventy,s some of them are still pumping away made originally in the USA
then the UK.

Danny11
09-02-2008, 12:00 PM
I think for single splits and twins fujitsu are the best in the market,but when it comes to vrf,vrv etc the mitsubishi are the best.

Danny

martinw58
09-02-2008, 02:08 PM
not bad value

Andy AC
09-02-2008, 06:38 PM
I think they are a very good, reliable work horse of a unit - not the most fancy but good no-nonsense
performance. Their inverters seem to be even quieter than the more expensive manufacturers. The only downside to them is the casings on the little ones are a real pig to get off.
Their floor mount model (similar to daikin fvxs) with the airflow out of the top and bottom is excellent.
Never really been a fan of their cassettes but the wall mounts are great.

Andy

nike123
09-02-2008, 06:56 PM
And their Celling-wall model is special league. At my knowledge, no other manufacturer have any similar in performance and abilities.
http://tinyurl.com/2hs5ov

Andy W
14-02-2008, 06:07 PM
I have only installed Fujitsu during the last 2 years, they have been very good with no problems, my only criticism would be the wall mounts need to be slimmer like the old LG wall mounts were, thats it, I love them and just got an order in for another 5 this morning.

Daikin=Overated
14-02-2008, 06:33 PM
Yup........Still loving Fujitsu !!

Though I agree with those who mentioned the 4-way ceiling cassettes-they're a b$tch, when the retaining clips break (they always did) and when the last engineer failed to place the safety hooks in place, then there were often serious cases reported of fascia's breaking away, filter flying out and the customer and shop floor getting covered in a dust storm:D
Let alone when the hinges were shot, then the entire fascia broke away taking heads off!!

And. All those models with cooling/compresser relays that failed, they were a pain too. Other than that, I've honestly only done a couple of compressor changes over the last 10 years on Fujitsu's as opposed to how many i've done on other manufacturers-appreciate the install plays an important factor in that of course;).

Just look how many old-ish Fujitsu Condensers you see out there still, granted this isn't the best way to gauge reliability but generally speaking this speaks volume in my book.

Nike 123- I think your refering to the Nocria ceiling/wall model?? Amazing unit if so. Fitted one a little while back, 3 vains, even washes the filters for you. The business.

nike123
14-02-2008, 06:39 PM
Nike 123- I think your refering to the Nocria ceiling/wall model?? Amazing unit if so. Fitted one a little while back, 3 vains, even washes the filters for you. The business.

Yes I mean Nocria!