PDA

View Full Version : Daikin VRV fault

John MacK
07-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Hi guys, needing a bit of advice on an old Daikin VRV.

Several of the indoor units are showing fault code, E9, which I believe is "EVV faulty"

I presume the EVV is a valve in the condenser, idea what to look for or how to fix/adjust it?

(not been to site yet, possibly going next week)

grump
07-02-2008, 08:06 PM
HI in the past i have had to replace the indoor unit electronic TXV as i recall the units were way down on duty,i think they can be replaced with out reclaiming the refrigerant,in the meantime check this out as i am not sure it is safe to carry out this repair with gas in the system.Grump:D:D:D

The Viking
07-02-2008, 10:07 PM
E9 =
Electronic
expansion
valve drive
error.

First try and do a full reset of the system, I had this in the past after power failures and a reset will cure the problem.

The valves themselves are in the indoor units I believe.

If it is the "motor" that's faulty, that is like an actuator or thermostatic radiator valve. Perfectly safe to remove with gas still inside the valve.

Lman
07-02-2008, 10:16 PM
if you have no luck with the EEV take a look at the PC board in the outdoor unit

dannyd
07-02-2008, 11:38 PM
C. heck cabling & connectors on outdoor board- (x12A), if ok check continuity/resistance between connector pins ( i can send copy page of manual) If they are reading ok, then outdoor pc board needs replacing (code e9 = outdoor eev, code a9 = indoor eev)

The Viking
08-02-2008, 12:04 AM
SORRY I WAS WRONG. :eek:

Please ignore my previous post.
:o:o

Danny, you are of course right.

(The bit about resetting after power failure is still valid)

John,
From my website you can download the service manual for the H series VRV. (You might have another version, but the fault diagnostics are fairly similar)

On page 99 of this manual is the E9 trouble shooting guide.

Again, sorry for misleading you, I will try not to do it again.:o

saud khan
21-02-2008, 11:06 PM
hi

can anyone help me on a diakin vrvIII system showing a fault code of JA

nike123
21-02-2008, 11:19 PM
hi

Try here:
http://www.the-viking.eu/down.html

The Viking
21-02-2008, 11:22 PM
hi

JA = Outdoor Unit, Malfunction of High pressure Sensor.

You are looking at a fault either with the sensor itself, the wiring to it or the outdoor board.

"The HPS is either open or short circuit"

Check that there is a HPS connected to X32A, if there is then proceed to disconnect it and check the resistance across it.

Good luck.

P.S. Saud, When you post a question about a "new" problem, start a new thread (more people will see it and you might get more/quicker/better response)

saud khan
22-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the info will look at it and see

John MacK
25-02-2008, 01:49 PM
C. heck cabling & connectors on outdoor board- (x12A), if ok check continuity/resistance between connector pins ( i can send copy page of manual) If they are reading ok, then outdoor pc board needs replacing (code e9 = outdoor eev, code a9 = indoor eev)

Thanks for the replies guys, waiting on a new board arriving...