PDA

View Full Version : Dehumidification with VRF

mchild
05-02-2008, 06:34 PM
I am planning on installing the Sanyo Mini Eco-i system in my home using several ducted air handlers. I would like to add a dehumidistat to the controls. Is it possible to incorporate such a control where it would give a signal to the wired remote control for one or more of the indoor to operate in Dry mode when the humidity goes over the set point on the dehumidistat? If it can not be done with the Sanyo system do any of the other manufacturers allow for this type of added control?

Thank you.

Krondor
06-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Hi,
I think its possible. However, i don't think such a product exists. It must be custom made. But, first you must logically design how exctly the vrf system performs according to this dehumidistat.

mchild
06-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Hi,
I think its possible. However, i don't think such a product exists. It must be custom made. But, first you must logically design how exctly the vrf system performs according to this dehumidistat.

Krondor,

What I thinking about is to use a simple dial type dehumidistat. When the humidity rises above the set point , the circuit would close, provide voltage, and would switch the indoor unit(s) to Dry mode until the humidity dropped to the point that the circuit opens again and the indoor unit would then revert back to cool. This way I would not have to manually switch it from one operation to the other. Is there typically a connection on the indoor PCB that when supplied voltage (when the dehumidistat switch closes) it would put the indoor unit into Dry mode and temporarily override the wired remote controller which would be set to cool or Auto?

Thank you.

Krondor
07-02-2008, 08:27 AM
Well, not as far as i know. The dry contact can only switch the unit on or off. You will need another device, that will change the mode to dry mode when the contact is closed...