PDA

View Full Version : is there a problem??

philjd26
04-02-2008, 10:02 PM
hi, i have a compressor to change next week and was thinkin about sticking a reclaim on to the outdoor ,shutting sevice valves and pumping into the field work pipe work.... i know if there is an issue with the valves and charge you wouldn do it... but if all was ok can anybody see any problems in this????

rgrds phil

dsp
04-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Hi Philjd26,
I take it then the compressor has not burnt out then?
dsp

philjd26
04-02-2008, 10:12 PM
hi,short on one winding...

dsp
04-02-2008, 10:19 PM
I wouldn't reuse the refrigerant. I would reclaim the gas. Install a new drier and recharge with clean gas. Good reason to charge the customer a little more on the invoice!!:p

stuartwking
04-02-2008, 10:45 PM
I would also reclaim the gas.better same than sorry.Plus you have your reclaim unit out anyway.

Si@airconworld
05-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Bad idea..
1). compressor will most likely fail due to contaminated/acidic oil besides whats to the say the refrigerant didnt cause the failure in the first place?

2). You reclaim into the lines and the valves are passing, you risk setting fire to the refrigerant when rebrazing the compressor connections - I wouldn't, no job is worth your life.

Search your feelings you know it to be true...

Andy W
14-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Reclaim the gas, charge the customer for the disposal of it, issue them with a waste transfer note and weigh a fresh charge of gas in the system, at least the charge will be spot on then, I always base my quotes on doing the above on every compressor change.

jason09
17-02-2008, 01:04 AM
reclaim the gas (into a bottle) and install suction line burnout drier you have to watch out for oil contamination

declan simmonds
23-02-2008, 07:44 PM
hello phil
your idea is a good one but in the long term you will be back to change the compressor within the year do as the others suggest reclaim all the gas test the oil for burn out fit a drier if you need it if its a heat pump then a two drier change the compressor and then recharge with fresh gas.
As airconworld said search your feelings dont turn to the dark side.
cheers dec