PDA

View Full Version : iespell

Grizzly
31-01-2008, 01:42 PM
whenever I try and spellcheck any of my threads or posts. I am given the option to download iespell from it's website. Despite downloading this program several times. I still get asked to reinstall it every time I try and spell check.
Any idea's anyone please?
Thanks Grizzlyhttp://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/images/icons/icon5.gif

Argus
31-01-2008, 03:58 PM

I've never heard of it and I don't know why it won't install properly on your machine. Many of these 'free' packages are incomplete or beta versions.

In my opinion it's quicker and easier to compose your post in MSWord or something similar, use their spell and grammar checks then copy and post it into the forum

US Iceman
31-01-2008, 05:01 PM
I'm afraid I won't be much help on your specific problem, but perhaps I can offer a reasonable solution.

I use the Google toolbar, which has a spell checker in it. The spell checker works fine, a long as I remember to use it.:rolleyes:

The Viking
31-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Any idea's anyone please?
Thanks Grizzlyhttp://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/images/icons/icon5.gif

Just change browser.

The spell checker for Firefox works a treat.

absolute-zero
31-01-2008, 09:40 PM
Spel chek wats dat?:D

I actually have not seen that feature on here, where is it?:confused:

Never mind I found it.:rolleyes:

I should start using that.

Regards A-Z

Brian_UK
31-01-2008, 11:47 PM
Have you gone into Tools and Manage Add-Ons ?

Can't remember exactly what I did a while ago to get iespell working but I think it's through that route somehow.

Grizzly
01-02-2008, 01:41 AM
Brian.
Thanks your lead set me looking. I finally discovered the fault.
Having downloaded Iespell follow link below for those that have not got it.
Once down loaded and installed. You should be able to use Iespell. Whenever you are compiling a thread or post.
Provided you don't do what I did and expect it to run whenever you click on the ticked ABC . Within the toolbar of the message box.
That one just tries to reload ieSpell every time.
Look on the Internet Explorer Toolbar at the icons on the right hand side.
There should be the very same ticked (checked in American English) ABC. This is the icon you click on to spell check your efforts.
If like me it is not there, right click on the blank space in the middle of the toolbar and un -tick/check
the lock the toolbars option.
For me it was then just a case of dragging to the right all the icons. Bringing into view the ieSpell icon.
Right Clicking the empty space and reselecting the lock the toolbars option.
Once completed whenever you wish to spell-check anything it is just a case of clicking on the top icon.
Grizzly
PS Designed for use with Internet Explorer.

http://www.iespell.com/download.php

The Viking
01-02-2008, 01:54 AM
Sounds complicated....

Just get Firefox, it's spell checker is running permanently, no clicking or remembering involved. As soon as I misspell a word anywhere in a web window, it get a red line below it and just like a word processor, if you right click on it suggestions pop up.

Grizzly
01-02-2008, 02:02 AM
Fast responce Viking I agree but the rest of my tribe like IE. Mainly because they are to lazy to learn to use another. Plus the missus uses it (IE) with Outlook ( does it work with Outlook)?
Anyways like a good process engineer and for the good of my health or hearing. I go with the flow!
Grizzly:)

The Viking
01-02-2008, 02:09 AM
I have the same problem and therefore got them running side by side, I click the Firefox icon and my better (?) half the Bill Gates one.