PDA

View Full Version : Thawing Room (defrosting Room For Meat)

arunuae
31-01-2008, 12:34 PM
HAI, EVERY ONE.
I am new to this forum

can some one please tell me the following doubts.

We are maintaining a Thawing room having room size 3m(l)X 3m(w) X 2.4m (h).
condensing unit - Bitzer semi hermetic 2HP
Evaporator- Guntner single fan
control panel is equiped with dual set point digital thermostat which is set for 8 degree C with differential 2 foor cooling set point, and 4 degree C with differential 1 for switching on the heater if the room temp goes below 4 degree C due to any reasons.
Now if we keep whole chicken ( 1.2Kg) apprximately at -18 degree C it is taking 24 hrs. to defrost to 3 degree C

what is the actual safe temperatue range for defrosting the meat ( which has to be set)
if we keep whole chicken ( 1.2Kg) apprximately how long it will take to defrost to 4 degree C in a standerd defrosting room.
any one have any chart showing the safe defrosting temp. and apprximate time.
Is there any way to speed up the defrosting ( redusing the defrosting time) in the safe temperature zone.Regards
Arun

smpsmp45
01-02-2008, 05:51 AM
i do have some information on this. Only point is I am out of office & once I am back may be I can get you more details

arunuae
09-02-2008, 08:58 AM
Thanks for replaying.
Plese share the iformation about the defrosting room if you can because it is very rare and i badly need it.
Expecting your early replay
Regards
Arun

nike123
09-02-2008, 09:24 AM
HAI, EVERY ONE.
I am new to this forum

can some one please tell me the following doubts.

We are maintaining a Thawing room having room size 3m(l)X 3m(w) X 2.4m (h).
condensing unit - Bitzer semi hermetic 2HP
Evaporator- Guntner single fan
control panel is equiped with dual set point digital thermostat which is set for 8 degree C with differential 2 foor cooling set point, and 4 degree C with differential 1 for switching on the heater if the room temp goes below 4 degree C due to any reasons.
Now if we keep whole chicken ( 1.2Kg) apprximately at -18 degree C it is taking 24 hrs. to defrost to 3 degree C
what is the actual safe temperatue range for defrosting the meat ( which has to be set)
if we keep whole chicken ( 1.2Kg) apprximately how long it will take to defrost to 4 degree C in a standerd defrosting room.
any one have any chart showing the safe defrosting temp. and apprximate time.
Is there any way to speed up the defrosting ( redusing the defrosting time) in the safe temperature zone.Regards
Arun

1. For chicken never go in danger zone which is 4°C-60°C. That mean you must be below 4°C for defrosting.

2. These are recommended defrost times for chicken. If your time is shorter than this than your temperature is to high.
900g / 2lbs 24 hours
1.35kg / 3lbs 30 hours
1.8kg / 4lbs 36 hours
3.2kg / 7lbs48 hours

4. Allow fair amount of air circulation around each chicken. That mean arrange it so that they are not stacked and on grilles.