PDA

View Full Version : 12.5 kw wall mount air con

Andy W
30-01-2008, 08:09 PM
Hi guys,

I have just sized up a job and the requirement is for a wall mount cooling only air conitioner (or heat pump) the room is an attic so there is no room for a cassette or underslung, I have space on the wall to install a suitable wall moun or ceiling wall convertible unit (for wall mount) but cant seem to find a wall mount bigger than 10 kw or a convertible bigger than 8 kw, LG used to do a big convertible but no listing of it now, I have checked LG, Sanyo, Fujitsu and Mitsi electric.

Does anyone know of others?

superswill
30-01-2008, 10:55 PM
mitsubishi HI?

or found a wall/floor mount here

http://fridgetech.com/daikin_airconditioning/

http://fridgetech.com/lg_airconditioning/

The Viking
30-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Or a Tosh SMMS with 2 indoor units?

Andy W
31-01-2008, 12:28 AM
I will have to ring LG as Oceanair website does not show the large wall/ceiling models, thinking about a wall mount it may not be suitable as the flat wall is only 1m high, the rest is the inside pitch of the roof so the air discharge would be too low, definately a wall mounted unit with a top air discharge is required.

The Viking
31-01-2008, 12:53 AM
IMI?

(which the system wouldn' let me post as there is a minimum of five letters reply)

nike123
31-01-2008, 06:52 AM
Why you are concentrated such amount of capacity on one place. Around that air conditioner is going to be very unpleasant (high air flow and to low/high temperature).
Consider placing two or more smaller units.

Andy W
31-01-2008, 08:58 AM
Why you are concentrated such amount of capacity on one place. Around that air conditioner is going to be very unpleasant (high air flow and to low/high temperature).
Consider placing two or more smaller units.The reason been is that it is an archive room with a server in it, in a loft space, un occupied.

I installed a large LG wall/ceiling a few years ago and it was certainly a noisy beast!

I shall ring the customer today as he has not allowed enough in the budget to do the work.

Thanks guys.

nike123
31-01-2008, 09:58 AM
The reason been is that it is an archive room with a server in it, in a loft space, un occupied.

I installed a large LG wall/ceiling a few years ago and it was certainly a noisy beast!

I shall ring the customer today as he has not allowed enough in the budget to do the work.

Thanks guys.

I don't think that residential split system is solution for that job but, I may be wrong!

John MacK
31-01-2008, 12:14 PM
I've in the past used large Hitachi wall mounts for similar applications, but they don't seem to do them anymore.

What about an LG P05AHNTO floor standing indoor, (upright type, 13.48kw) ?

Loops
31-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Could a 'twin-split' work?

Pair of 6kW hi-walls on a single outdoor??

Suggest 2 x RAV-SM802KRT-E hi-walls onto an RAV-SM1402AT-E outdoor - Toshiba models.

But use the hard wired controller - KRT come with infrared and the end user will probably loose it, also you can set up auto-restart with the wired one.

Cheers

Loops

Andy W
31-01-2008, 11:33 PM
We dont have a vertical wall any higher than 1 metre, imagine the shape of your attic and plasterboard lined, we dont have the height for anything tall apart from right in the middle of the room and a standard wall mount would not give us the air flow as they are bottom air discharge and we have a 1m vertical wall, highest point of ceiling is 2.4m.

The General
01-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Andy,

The only thing you can do is use a twin split system. I would suggest a Hitachi RAS 5.0H(V)RNE outdoor with two RPF 2.5FSNE low level floor standing indoors. They are only 630mm high, so should fit in okay.

Makeit go Right
01-02-2008, 07:00 PM
What's in the Archive - just regular documents or valuable historic delicate books etc?

The Viking
01-02-2008, 07:18 PM
What's on the floor below?

Is there a ceiling void where you could put a ducted unit and then duct the air through the floor?

Andy W
01-02-2008, 08:01 PM
What's in the Archive - just regular documents or valuable historic delicate books etc?No just deceased patients details.

What's on the floor below?Occupied office space.

Is there a ceiling void where you could put a ducted unit and then duct the air through the floor?Now that it is a good idea if they would consider removing tiles and grid etc to allow access, it is a new build and someone forget to air condition the attic area.

Steve J C
17-08-2009, 02:03 PM
I believe that Carrier have a Toshiba unit that may do the job.

sinewave
17-08-2009, 09:21 PM
If U can 'get away' with a 10kW unit Mitsi Elec have just released a new 10kW Power Inverter unit which is the same width & height as their 7kW units only a little deeper.

We fitted two recently and they perform very well indeed.

:)

Brian_UK
17-08-2009, 11:01 PM
If, he is still interested, please check the dates guys ;) :D

Imp
03-10-2009, 09:35 AM
bit late for this but no japanese ac manufacturer makes a wall mount larger than 10kw nominal

IMI Hi Lo systems are the only ones that would suit the application assuming they are still available. They were available up to 54000 btu's

Tosh dont do a 10kw wall.
LG 10kw is a domestic unit
Hitachi up t0 11.2kw may be worth considering