PDA

View Full Version : flower coldroom

gramcor
30-01-2008, 01:40 PM
I want to make an refrigerations system for flower coldroom ( 6m x 6m x 3m high ) , with York condensing unit 35000 Btu . Is some restrictions for evaporator ( fan speed ? etc..)???
Yours faithfully
gramcor

nike123
30-01-2008, 01:49 PM
I want to make an refrigerations system for flower coldroom ( 6m x 6m x 3m high ) , with York condensing unit 35000 Btu . Is some restrictions for evaporator ( fan speed ? etc..)???
Yours faithfully
gramcor

Make it with evaporator without fans (natural air circulation) to prevent excessive drying of air (and flowers) and install humidifier.

P.S. Josip, Do you know what is English term for "mirni isparivac"?

Josip
30-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Hi, nike123 :)

Make it whit evaporator without fans (natural air circulation) to prevent excessive drying of air and install humidifier.

not sure, but I think they call it gravity air circulation evaporator....hope someone will come to confirm or to denied ;)....

Best regards, Josip :)

tonyelian
30-01-2008, 08:18 PM
hi gramcor
ur compressor35000 btu@7.2 evaporation temp
1kw=3420watts 35000btu=10.2kw
ur desired temp should be 2-4 degree.c
u choose delta.t=7 for 85%r.h ur evapo temp
become-5&compressor capacity is 5.7kw@this point.so u need to make the selction of ur fan coil.
i hope that will help

gramcor
30-01-2008, 11:01 PM
Make it with evaporator without fans (natural air circulation) to prevent excessive drying of air (and flowers) and install humidifier.

Thanks , but the client want to have low humidity inside ( crazy ! ) for cut flower .
Gramcor

gramcor
30-01-2008, 11:15 PM
hi gramcor
ur compressor35000 btu@7.2 evaporation temp
1kw=3420watts 35000btu=10.2kw
ur desired temp should be 2-4 degree.c
u choose delta.t=7 for 85%r.h ur evapo temp
become-5&compressor capacity is 5.7kw@this point.so u need to make the selction of ur fan coil.
i hope that will help

Thanks for informations. I increase compressors capacity because my clients open the door for long time per day ( the coldroom is for sales too ..)
Gramcor
PS i make calculations with CoolPack software ....

nike123
30-01-2008, 11:19 PM
Thanks , but the client want to have low humidity inside ( crazy ! ) for cut flower .
Gramcor

Than, make as he said!;)

old gas bottle
30-01-2008, 11:36 PM
the preferance over here is for daul discharge type evaporators sited down the centre of the room,low air velocity, i dont like this mehod as you either have to pump the drains or have pipes dangeling accross the room, often get hit by the trolleys too,

the cold room should be 3.5mtr high with a 3.0 mtr high door opening,[over here anyway]that clears the trolleys and top of the flowers, i fit normal ceiling mount evaps but try to get ones with enough but not too much fan throw,and also use R134A if you can with a low TD accross the coil to stop frost burn,use off cycle defrost,and there you go,works for me.;)

gramcor
31-01-2008, 12:03 AM
the preferance over here is for daul discharge type evaporators sited down the centre of the room,low air velocity, i dont like this mehod as you either have to pump the drains or have pipes dangeling accross the room, often get hit by the trolleys too,

the cold room should be 3.5mtr high with a 3.0 mtr high door opening,[over here anyway]that clears the trolleys and top of the flowers, i fit normal ceiling mount evaps but try to get ones with enough but not too much fan throw,and also use R134A if you can with a low TD accross the coil to stop frost burn,use off cycle defrost,and there you go,works for me.;)

Thanks. I do not understud all terms (sorry for my english knowledge ) but i follow the ideeas .
Gramcor

smpsmp45
31-01-2008, 06:15 AM
The requirements are very very odd. We have done no of projects for floriculture industry

The typical size of the room is 10 x 5 x 3 m. We are using 7.5 HP Monoblock unit ( Zanotti Italy / EFC Spain ). Have these installation working over 10 years.

Few Important aspects are

1. Typically there is no ANte room, but the cold room is just end of the Grading hall. The temp there is +15 deg or so. & hence No Ante room as cold room door opens up in the grading hall itself.
2. The fans should not blow air on the flowers directly as petals get torn off.
3. The temp of the cold store to never to go below +2 deg C.
4. You also need a precooling wall - Cooling of Boxes ready for despatch just before loading in the containers.
5. NO Strip curtians for the doors. The PVC strips damage the flowers.
6. I shall try & find out the Air velocity requirements as there is some requiremens on that issue as well.
I had seen a project where in large units were installed ( if you do the heat load as per the data given by the client, you shall always end up with lrage capacity!!!). After loading the room, if someone opens up the cold room door, one can see lots of flowers / petals / leaves literaly flying out of the cold store.!!!!

old gas bottle
31-01-2008, 10:11 AM
not quite as critical as that but close, flowers are normaly stored at 6-8 deg c, as i stated,just keep the fan velocity down a bit,flowers are quite hardy,your project is quite small so dont go over the top, larger stores have ducted and or socks to distrebute the air,forgot to add,with your climate fit air heater elements to the coolers for frost protection,wire theese into the controler [two stage switching];)

The MG Pony
01-02-2008, 03:19 PM
@ Nike & Josip: Yes We call them Gravity coils here, and I have all so heard them refered to as Bunker coils, hope fully others will add to that!