PDA

View Full Version : carrier 30HS

Joeheath
28-01-2008, 10:59 PM
Hello i hope someone can help, iam trying to find an O&M manual for a carrier 30HS chiller which has remote condensor's. I had a callout to an M&S site today and had trouble understand the controller. If anyone has any information on this chiller it will be much appreciated.

Brian_UK
29-01-2008, 12:38 AM
Do you know which controller it is using?

Tesla
29-01-2008, 07:26 AM
Hi Joeheath
I've worked on many HS30 chillers, my 30 page manual is in NZ + I'm in Ausi - sorry. Some have had thier controllers replaced. They are pretty simple control usually with pumpout, pumpdown, hp/lp limmit and staging. Larger lead comps. Most faults I found are 1;vibration = 2;leak SOG = 3;log oil in evap and out on oil press. And the oil level 1/8 - 3/8 glass. Oil press req carlyle comp pocketbook, for memory 17 psi on old comp and 19 psi on newer comps. discharge mufflers are essential. 10k subcooling is good, 6k superheat at svalve. Valves - check heads - one side warm to hot, other cool to sweet. EEV check for moisture at terminals. EV tails leak. If you need more send a note to me.
Ta Stu

Joeheath
29-01-2008, 08:51 AM
I,am not sure what the controller is called, it has a number key pad 1-9 on the right and stat,serv,hist,ent,up&down keys next to it with a readout dislay above, i think it might be flotronic?

TOTTIHS
29-01-2008, 11:06 PM
Sounds like a flotronic controller, the keypad you describe sounds like a standard HSIO & if you key in 1 STAT & then press the down arrow you should get the info then 2 STAT & so on you should find most of the info you require.
Give yourself a bit of time & most of the info should show itself pretty easy
If you can get the model & serial I might be able to round up some info, those units must be getting a bit long in the tooth now if you have that style of controller

Gibbo
29-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Your controller is a Flotronic 2 and was used on many of the 30 series chillers in the 90's. If you mention your email address i may be able to send you a copy of the controls book. Do you know the date of manufacture of your chiller and is it French or American made.

Gibbo

Joeheath
30-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Your controller is a Flotronic 2 and was used on many of the 30 series chillers in the 90's. If you mention your email address i may be able to send you a copy of the controls book. Do you know the date of manufacture of your chiller and is it French or American made.

Gibbo

The date of manufacure was 1992, iam not sure weather it's french or american.

if you have a copy of the controles book it will be much appreciated.

TOTTIHS
07-02-2008, 11:35 PM
Model & serial will tell where it was manufactured if you can get those.

troymedhurst
24-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Hi gibbo, i noticed this post and I am in need for a control manual for a 30gh-150 flotronic , if you could help it would be much apprieciated, thanks troy