PDA

View Full Version : mitsubishi srk25gz-l1 split problem HELP!!!!!

bigrod29
27-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Hello, my bedroom unit mitsubishi Heavy srk25gz-l1 split system reverse cycle inverter has a problem. It turns itself off every 45 minutes then the green run light flashes continuesly and the yellow timer light flashes in sets of 4. It works fine when on, cools great but goes off every 45 minutes.I have turned off and unpluged unit and checked both inside and outside boards for any crap, i did find a dead geko about 2 inches long in the inside board with its head on the fuse, it had been dead for some time as it was dry and hard. the unit had not been used for about 3 months before the problem.The unit is 5 years old.I am a home handyman and am able to work on it but only have limited knowlage. Any idear what i can do? Thanks so much for any help....Rod,,Brisbane, Australia..

;)

e mail address removed by the moderator. Please contact the poster by PM.

tonyhavcr
27-01-2008, 04:37 PM
turns itself off every 45 works fine when on, cools great but goes off every 45 minutes.I have turned off and unplugged unit if this is true and it is every 45 min. not 40, 25, 48, 50, and so on says you have a time program that is running. If it is about every 45 min. its not.
You said I'm a home handyman and am able to work on it but only have limited knowledge's

Look you need to know you limits the fact you are a home handyman dose not mean you are able to work on it as you think get a tech

tonyhavcr
27-01-2008, 04:53 PM
turns itself off every 45 minutes then the green run light flashes continue sly and the yellow timer light flashes in sets of 4. It works fine when on, cools great but goes off every 45 minutes.

if every 45 min and not about every 45 min. then you have a time program running that you had set with the remote.

you said .I am a home handyman and am able to work on it this may not be true know your limits.

The Viking
27-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Hmmm,

I doubt it would be a timer issue.
The flashing of the LEDs indicates that there is a problem.
Unfortunately, I haven't got the M-Heavy fault codes..
(if anybody does, please send them to me)

However, it sounds like something building up. My best guess would be water or temperature.
Is both indoor and outdoor coils clean?(I assume you cleaned the filters)
Is the indoor unit's drain working as it should?

If you checked the above then it really is time to call in a professional, sorry.

BTW, does it work in heating?

SUBCONTRACTOR
27-01-2008, 05:35 PM
Hmmm,

I doubt it would be a timer issue.
The flashing of the LEDs indicates that there is a problem.
Unfortunately, I haven't got the M-Heavy fault codes..
(if anybody does, please send them to me)

However, it sounds like something building up. My best guess would be water or temperature.
Is both indoor and outdoor coils clean?(I assume you cleaned the filters)
Is the indoor unit's drain working as it should?

If you checked the above then it really is time to call in a professional, sorry.

BTW, does it work in heating?

Check your email i sent a 3,3 Mb file.

tonyhavcr
27-01-2008, 07:06 PM
you may be right but he said turns itself off every 45 minutes for it to be every 45 min on the dot it must be time and as I said if not on the dot it was not time

I would love to see that file to

3,3 Mb file

nike123
27-01-2008, 07:14 PM
I seldom work with MHI and I would love to se that file to!

frank
27-01-2008, 07:36 PM
The fault codes can be accessed here http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30243&postcount=1

The Viking
27-01-2008, 07:41 PM
Thank you S-C,

The manual for Mitsubishi Heavy's FDA R410a splits is now available for download on my site, thanks to SubContractor.
(Unfortunately it won't help us with this problem as the fault codes seems to be different on the SRK)

P.S. Frank, the ones in that link also seems to pre-date the SRK model...

nike123
27-01-2008, 09:05 PM
It looks like some issue with discharge pipe sensor or belonging wires, if I correctly interpreted this Russian document. It would be great if someone who knows Russian and read Cyrillic script confirm this.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2077/2223238077_d19310cd90_b_d.jpg

nike123
27-01-2008, 10:40 PM
Ok, then you could download this pdf:

bigrod29
28-01-2008, 12:10 PM
ok guys had it running today for 4 hours and every 50 minutes it turned itself off and the run light starting flashing contunuesly and the timer light flashed in sets of 4. once i restart it again all is well till 50 minutes then off it goes again. come on guys, some one must know the prob

bigrod29
28-01-2008, 12:14 PM
turns itself off every 45 works fine when on, cools great but goes off every 45 minutes.I have turned off and unplugged unit if this is true and it is every 45 min. not 40, 25, 48, 50, and so on says you have a time program that is running. If it is about every 45 min. its not.
You said I'm a home handyman and am able to work on it but only have limited knowledge's

Look you need to know you limits the fact you are a home handyman dose not mean you are able to work on it as you think get a tech
It goes off at every 50 minutes, had it runnig for 4 hours today.

nike123
28-01-2008, 12:54 PM
ok guys had it running today for 4 hours and every 50 minutes it turned itself off and the run light starting flashing contunuesly and the timer light flashed in sets of 4. once i restart it again all is well till 50 minutes then off it goes again. come on guys, some one must know the prob
Problem is high discharge temperature of compressor or sensor is defective, and you need some professional to do measurements and corrective actions. Stop using unit in order to prevent possible damage to compressor and call service.

bigrod29
29-01-2008, 03:01 AM
So i replace the discharge pipe sensor right??:)

bigrod29
29-01-2008, 03:03 AM
Problem is high discharge temperature of compressor or sensor is defective, and you need some professional to do measurements and corrective actions. Stop using unit in order to prevent possible damage to compressor and call service.
Come on throw me a bone here, i'm fixing it myself and thats that. thanks:cool:

nike123
29-01-2008, 08:02 AM

No, you measure his resistance and temperature and then compare with service manual data.
If defective, change, else connect gauges and check superheat and subcooling (among other things) and, according to readings, take corrective measures.

The Viking
29-01-2008, 08:58 AM
Come on throw me a bone here, i'm fixing it myself and thats that. thanks:cool:

Sorry M8 but the most important thing when working on things that can hurt or kill you (like your A/C system) is to know when you reached your limit and it's time to call someone more experienced...

If you had the experience you wouldn't have posted:

bigrod29
29-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Sorry M8 but the most important thing when working on things that can hurt or kill you (like your A/C system) is to know when you reached your limit and it's time to call someone more experienced...

If you had the experience you wouldn't have posted:
so in other words you can't help, you a newbe to this sort of stuff? i worked in the game for a while and fix it myself if told.:)

nike123
29-01-2008, 06:11 PM
I don't think that your answer is polite! Viking is very frendly and his answer is based on that what you said in this thread, and not on that what you know and what info you have. What you know, can tell only your actions, and because we do not know your actions, we cannot tell you what to do based on actions you done. (I think that I fu===ed up this taught and I don't think that I expressed in English what I wanted on my maternal language).

The Viking
29-01-2008, 07:37 PM
Dear Mr Big,

As been described above;

To correctly diagnose this problem you will have to check all the running conditions of your system (it is unlikely that it's the sensor that's faulty).

I am sorry if I miss judged you. But to be fair I think that all previous posts both by myself and others has been more helpful than anyone could expect.

In fact, you have had several experienced A/C engineers bending over backwards to try and help you.
If you don't appreciate the advice you get from professionals, please don't ask us for help in the first place. (After all, there is nothing stopping you from wire a permanent live to the fans and compressor, then all your problems will be solved).

If you in your original post had stated:
My system run at a head pressure of Xbar, the suction temp is Y degrees Celsius and the discharge temp is Z degrees. THEN, I would have assumed that you were capable of carry out the fault finding necessary to sort your system out.

:cool:

P.S. I'm more than willing to assist you further with this problem, my daily rate is 400 Pounds Sterling per day + travel +VAT.

bigrod29
30-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Sorry Guys i am just a bit frustrated at the problem. thank you all for your help in answering my question. Sorry if i upset anyone with my ungreatfulness.

Rod

bigrod29
30-01-2008, 03:21 PM
I don't think that your answer is polite! Viking is very frendly and his answer is based on that what you said in this thread, and not on that what you know and what info you have. What you know, can tell only your actions, and because we do not know your actions, we cannot tell you what to do based on actions you done. (I think that I fu===ed up this taught and I don't think that I expressed in English what I wanted on my maternal language).
Sorry, thanks for your help.

bigrod29
30-01-2008, 03:23 PM
Dear Mr Big,

As been described above;

To correctly diagnose this problem you will have to check all the running conditions of your system (it is unlikely that it's the sensor that's faulty).

I am sorry if I miss judged you. But to be fair I think that all previous posts both by myself and others has been more helpful than anyone could expect.

In fact, you have had several experienced A/C engineers bending over backwards to try and help you.
If you don't appreciate the advice you get from professionals, please don't ask us for help in the first place. (After all, there is nothing stopping you from wire a permanent live to the fans and compressor, then all your problems will be solved).

If you in your original post had stated:
My system run at a head pressure of Xbar, the suction temp is Y degrees Celsius and the discharge temp is Z degrees. THEN, I would have assumed that you were capable of carry out the fault finding necessary to sort your system out.

:cool:

P.S. I'm more than willing to assist you further with this problem, my daily rate is 400 Pounds Sterling per day + travel +VAT.
Thank you, point taken, sorry, and thanks for your help.