PDA

View Full Version : Need Refrigeration Help !!!

SloFuse
27-01-2008, 05:52 AM
Hello To All ! I am a Maintenance Supervisor for a large bakery plant. I just got the job 2 weeks ago. I have some experience in refrigeration. They have 3 walk-in Freezers ( Approx. 20ft. x 20ft. ) . How do I determain if the existing compressors are capable of maintaining freezing tempertures .

paul_h
27-01-2008, 07:46 AM
Buy a book called "principles of refrigeration" by Roy J Dossat and read it cover to cover. Then buy some refrigeration tools and take some measurements.
Get manuals and tech info of all your refrigeration equipment.
Or use the phone and call a refrigeration mechanic to come and look at them.

nike123
27-01-2008, 08:03 AM
Hello To All ! I am a Maintenance Supervisor for a large bakery plant. I just got the job 2 weeks ago. I have some experience in refrigeration. They have 3 walk-in Freezers ( Approx. 20ft. x 20ft. ) . How do I determain if the existing compressors are capable of maintaining freezing tempertures .

Easy, put in freezer equivalent amount of load by filing some plastic drums of water at entering temperature of goods to be stored and switch on the freezer. In one of drums put thermometer for control of reached temperatures. If he do what is need to do than you have establish that is capable.

Samarjit Sen
27-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Check the temperatures being attained on full load. If the temperatures are as per your requirement then alls fine. Otherwise you have not only to check the compressor, but all the components ie. condenser, evaporators, controls etc.

Grizzly
27-01-2008, 08:31 PM
You could start by talking to your maintenance staff and the operators. To find out wether the plant has a history?
Also if the problem is recent you could ask wether the useage of the walk in freezers has changed.
Many many problems can occur because the staff have missed a defrost or decided to change the way the room is loaded. As has been said if the problem is not at your end. Call a fridge Engineer a get good sound advise.
Grizzly

absolute-zero
28-01-2008, 03:39 PM

Perform Compressor capacity checks per specified MM of equipment your working on.

Keep in mind though of what these other gentlemen here are saying as well, system needs to be balanced with the heat load as it which requires to remove the unwanted heat, from the area and product as to which you want to freeze.;)

Regards A-Z