PDA

View Full Version : Global warming?

The Viking
26-01-2008, 02:37 AM
Or not as the case might be.....

Have a look HERE (http://english.pravda.ru/science/earth/08-02-2006/75628-climate-0)

As it is something a lot of our customers asks about (as well as being the excuse for stop using the old trustworthy refrigerants we all know), I thought you might be interested of a different view.

:cool:

US Iceman
26-01-2008, 05:45 AM
Here is a similar viewpoint. Of course, this is not politically correct, but who cares? I am a firm believer in the old adage, he who screams the most and loudest, is not always right. He's just loud!

OK, OK, it's not really an old adage but it opens the door to further discussion...if people don't mind looking at differing points of view on a subject.:rolleyes:

http://www.iceagenow.com/

koelie
28-01-2008, 08:09 PM
If enough people talk about global warming, the more start believing it.
Did you see a rise in the sea water level, during summer, as the polar cap retracts every year?

Ashley
29-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Got to agree with the non-PC view of global warming. Life is a cycle, the world is a cycle, climate is a cycle. And have we ever heard 'What goes around, comes around'

Personally I believe that it is governments making work for people.. that is basically it. A few years ago the Industrial Revolution came along, then we went through the automisation of plant and equip, then travel, then computers, now it is Environemtal.. Keeps people off benefits and makes busineses adapt. Also provides that all important revenue for government coffers.... Am I cynical???

I myself HATE to see waste, We do squander our natural resources and people should be encouraged to use what we need to.. at least that is how I try to live.

Karl Hofmann
29-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Got to agree with the non-PC view of global warming. Life is a cycle, the world is a cycle, climate is a cycle. And have we ever heard 'What goes around, comes around'

Personally I believe that it is governments making work for people.. that is basically it. A few years ago the Industrial Revolution came along, then we went through the automisation of plant and equip, then travel, then computers, now it is Environemtal.. Keeps people off benefits and makes busineses adapt. Also provides that all important revenue for government coffers.... Am I cynical???

I myself HATE to see waste, We do squander our natural resources and people should be encouraged to use what we need to.. at least that is how I try to live.

Can't agree more

nike123
29-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Can't agree more
Don't you agree that our influence to environment is much greater in last century than in all human history?:eek:

The MG Pony
29-01-2008, 06:32 PM
All the people whome disagree seem to forget there is nothing like refrigerant in nature, we produce more gases of every time while cutting down the natural filters for these gases that can be cleared (Deforestation and such)

Will full blindenes to the situation is what I see in such reports.

nike123
29-01-2008, 06:42 PM
All the people whome disagree seem to forget there is nothing like refrigerant in nature, we produce more gases of every time while cutting down the natural filters for these gases that can be cleared (Deforestation and such)

Will full blindenes to the situation is what I see in such reports.

There is no danger for nature, only danger is for those species who has overwhelming influence to nature.:)

US Iceman
29-01-2008, 08:28 PM
All the people whome disagree seem to forget there is nothing like refrigerant in nature,...

Yes there is... Ammonia & CO2 are natural refrigerants, but then I'm assuming you are talking about man-made refrigerants.

There IS no doubt in my mind humans have an affect on the environment because of our use of fossil fuels. As to what extent we are the SOLE contributing factor to this issue is what should be at debate here.

As you can see from this thread there are dissenting opinions as to the exact nature of the global warming issue. Even among highly educated scientists they themselves do not fully agree as we have dissent among them.

Failing to recognize one group while the others say "we have the only right answer" is ridiculous in the extreme. The truth most likely is a combination of the two sides.:cool:

30 years ago the problem was global freezing and now it's global warming. I think we can unequivocally say "something is happening", but we don't fully understand the nature of the problem to assign blame, or just as importantly, launch extremely expensive measures just for the sake of doing something.:rolleyes:

nike123
29-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Yes there is... Ammonia & CO2 are natural refrigerants, but then I'm assuming you are talking about man-made refrigerants.

There IS no doubt in my mind humans have an affect on the environment because of our use of fossil fuels. As to what extent we are the SOLE contributing factor to this issue is what should be at debate here.

As you can see from this thread there are dissenting opinions as to the exact nature of the global warming issue. Even among highly educated scientists they themselves do not fully agree as we have dissent among them.

Failing to recognize one group while the others say "we have the only right answer" is ridiculous in the extreme. The truth most likely is a combination of the two sides.:cool:

30 years ago the problem was global freezing and now it's global warming. I think we can unequivocally say "something is happening", but we don't fully understand the nature of the problem to assign blame, or just as importantly, launch extremely expensive measures just for the sake of doing something.:rolleyes:

But, we could be very sure that we need to do something, or we are going to be vanished.

IceMan_4000
29-01-2008, 10:21 PM
You could also take the fact that obital position has more effect than all of the other factors. As the sun Grows and our orbit degrades we will leave the life belt of the sun and cook.

Another thought on global warming.
It will be the key to our survival as the human race.

We will eventually need to terraform new planets. NASA says what better way to make them warm enough for human life then by filling there atmosphere with green house gases! then the warm planet can melt the water and build a substainable atmosphere.

Ice

Karl Hofmann
30-01-2008, 10:40 PM
Don't you agree that our influence to environment is much greater in last century than in all human history?:eek:

Well, yes I do believe that.. and hence the need to reduce waste. However what we cant determine is just what effect it is having...Warming or cooling.. I suspect that it is somewhere in between. What I do believe is that what we produce is nothing when compared to mother nature and there, I fear we have no effect at all. There does seem to be an absolute fever these day to produce expensive and ingenious ways of not preventing the production of greenhouse gasses but to move them to somewhere where blame can be apportioned else where... Electric cars...Where does the electricity come from?... Hybrid cars... don't dump it in the city but produce extra whilst out on the open road...and what about all those lovely batteries that need replacing so often. Has anyone studied the extra emissions from a fridgies van for all the extra equipment and bottles that he needs to carry for the recovery of refrigerant, not to mention the the electricity used to power the recovery unit and the extra co2 produced for him to carry all that kit up his ladders?? until all of this can be quantified then, I'm afraid that all the rules and regulations are at best just a guess made in to law based on very little fact.. But it is a nice gravy train for some and as this gravy train gains momentum, it will fund it's own half truths

old gas bottle
30-01-2008, 11:12 PM
[

what a great idea, where can i find a propety agent for my mother in law :D

We will eventually need to terraform new planets. NASA says what better way to make them warm enough for human life then by filling there atmosphere with green house gases! then the warm planet can melt the water and build a substainable atmosphere.

Ice[/QUOTE]

Refrigerologist
17-03-2008, 12:40 AM
The problem as I see it is that there is no room for debate. Not believing is the rebranded Global Warming aka Climate Change is regarded as heresy. Dissent in no longer tolerated and any debate is stifled. A complete industry has grown up around this theoretical problem. We even have climate change reporters and correspondants working in the media. They all have a vested interest in pushing their message and stifling all other ideas. Why not change the focus of the debate? I am much more inclined to agree that we need to stop polluting this world for all sorts of other reasons. I am just not too sure that climate change is all man made. Afterall the Romans were growing grapes in Cumbria (Northeast England) nearly 2000 years ago. They don't grow there now! It's too blinking cold!

The warnings of catastrophe from scientists begin to pale! Afterall, in Britain we were all going to die from eating beef and contracting CJD, the predictions were for hundreds of thousands. How many in reality, I believe it is 7. SARS was another, 6 million predicted deaths worldwide! I bet it is less than 100! As for bird flu, well, we are all just waiting under the bed clothes waiting for it to mutate before we are annihilated! Research scientists! Don't make me laugh!

The MG Pony
17-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Usually it is not the scientists saying this sort of sensationalizing, it is the media and politics, ignore the fools and look at only the raw data, it speaks much clearly then the media and politicians.

dogma
17-03-2008, 03:12 PM
One of the big problems is a lot of people don't differentiate between global warming (The greenhouse effect) and ozone layer depletion.

Even if you disagree with global warming, how can you say that CFC's haven't had a negative effect on the earth?

I understand that the northern hemisphere doesn't record the same impact due mainly to the large volume of mountain ranges, but here in Australia there is scientific proof that humans, animals and plant life are suffering. There are more skin cancers and genetic abnormalities in plant life and animals. UV rays can alter and destroy DNA structure.

check out the CSIRO and NASA websites.

chlorine is a nasty atom.

The MG Pony
17-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Oh trust me Dogma, we really feel it here in Canada, yay for SPF2,540!

Grizzly
17-03-2008, 06:51 PM
Can't add anymore than has already been said.
But ADRIANA certainly gets me hot under the collar!!!!

Grizzly