PDA

View Full Version : Refrigerant Handling Certification

AYIBIBIO
24-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Hi Guys,, I,m Danny, And Have Been In Commercial And Light Industrial Refrigeration Since 1979. I,m Holding A Universal (epa) Ref Technicians Certificate (from The U.s.) This Cert Allows Me To Work And Purchase Any Kind Of Refrigerant In The States. I Need Your Help To Be Able To Obtain The ( Safe Handling Of Refrigerant Certificate) In The Uk,, Because, I,m Planning To Move To The Uk Anytime From Now. I Will Be Happy If Anyone Can Show Me Where And How To Go About To Get It. Thanks In Advance And Happy To Be In This Big Familly Of Ref Techs. Hope To Hear From You All.

Danny:):)

Argus
24-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Danny,

Welcome to the forum.

There aren’t any directly transferable qualifications from the EPA scheme and the various scheme of a similar type in the UK and the EU in general. However, under the F Gas regulations there are provisions for the skills gained in one EU state to be recognised in all the others on a reciprocal basis.
At least, that’s the idea – it’s early days, yet and if you keep you eye on this forum, you will see postings from time to time.

There are numerous assessors and providers in the UK, not free, I’m afraid, but with the underlying skills that you have for the EPA, you should not have a problem.
I would suggest, however that you bone-up on the regulatory side of it, because that is where the EU in general and the UK in particular differ from the US and other parts of the world.

The assessors will advise you.

AYIBIBIO
24-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Argus,, Thanks A Lot For You Reply And Advice. I Know I Will Not Have Any Problem As You Said. I,m Already In Europe And Working In Italy. I Will Again Say Thanks And Take Care.

Danny