PDA

View Full Version : heat exchanger capacity (condenser and evaporator)

misterio
24-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Pipes...
situation:1. i have 2 pipes. the source is pipe A and i will connect it to pipe B. the diameter of Pipe varies and has a range, lets say around 1 in. pipe A can be larger than pipe B. what mechanism shall i i use in order to avoid leakage during the process? the fluid is a refrigirant and pressurized like in most air conditioners (window-type)
2. i have this evaporator and i want to test its capacity. do i need to have the complete aircon parts (condenser, compressor, expansion device, etc) or just a refrigirant tank, pump and an air source.?
3. if the test is done, what design shall i use to be sure that there is no refrigirant left in the evaporator and it goes back to the tank? or so, what will i do to minimize the refrigirant left in the heat exchanger?

Brian_UK
24-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Hi Misterio, welcome to the forum; your introduction of yourself seems to be missing but never mind....

1. You should join the pipes together by brazing in accordance with proper refrigeration practice.

2. Yes you need a fully operational system to test anything. Venting refrigerant through the coil to atmosphere is illegal.

3. Use a proper recovery machine to reclaim the refrigerant from the system.

Once again, good refrigeration practice will need to be employed at all times. I see that you are a student so suggest that if this is a study question you get the college to provide the experts.