PDA

View Full Version : outdoor unit installation

bangoman
24-01-2008, 09:41 AM
Bn putting up outdoor units for household a/c on this high rise building.The service valves are on the blind side no easily accessible so had to couple the pipes with the unit off racet then slide it in .Same with the sparky.Nothing much I cld have done bt envisage problems during service and breakdowns.With some the space was so tight that I had to run tubing off the valves to another set of valves I had to mount on the unit.Cld this have bn done in a better way. MY HANDS WERE TIRED ON THIS ONE WAS JUST ASKED TO DO IT TO MAKE IT WORK

Andy AC
24-01-2008, 10:18 AM
Fit different units!:D With valves on the correct end.
Putting another set of valves on the units sounded like a good idea though, but there is double the chance of gas leakage. At the end of the day, you have done the best you can with the limited options you were dealt.
We've all been forced to put units in tight, awkward spaces against our advise. But when it breaks down charge a lot extra for access equip and tell them told you so!.

Andy

bangoman
24-01-2008, 10:34 AM
nice one we get difficult clients sometimes u knw do u mind I send u a pic of the installation .Its 2 late to change tho coz the clients and the engineers insist bt thanxs nwer

nike123
24-01-2008, 02:14 PM
nice one we get difficult clients sometimes u knw do u mind I send u a pic of the installation .Its 2 late to change tho coz the clients and the engineers insist bt thanxs nwer
You could, if you wish, send picture to yahoo pictures (http://www.flickr.com) or similar and than put that link here!

paul_h
24-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Are these the agean units?
Who's doing the warranty, you or whoever is the local warranty agent for them?
If it's not you, you should really tell the customer how much of a headache for the agent it's going to be, and how much they are going to pay extra for any warranty repair. Warranty repair is not free when it's not installed to be easily servicable.
I do warranty repairs for systems we didn't install, we charge them heaps for scaffolding, two guys when required etc. It pisses everyone off, the installer, the agent, even the equipment manufacturer that has to deal with the customers flak, when they are not explicitly told before install sign off/payment. Get it in writing that you were not given any option and had to comply with the builders/engineers wishes.
The installer is the professional in this circumstance, your opinion on difficulty of future service work should be noted to the owner/engineer just to cover your own rear end. They may not care unless you tell the builder/engineer that they will cop future problems from service agents in the form of big $$$

Magoo
27-01-2008, 01:35 AM
my first reaction would be to walk away from install and warranty, next time fit flexibles as a thought.
magoo

bangoman
29-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Wat Are Flexibles ??????