PDA

View Full Version : carrier air curtains

paulwild
23-01-2008, 09:52 PM
hi guys ,
im after some info on operation of air curtains
ive got to service 67 of them some are working ok some are blowing a gale and i understand from a college that they have bellows inside them to restrict air being supplied to them from air handlers i would appreciate any info, i know the carrier ones i have to work on have an interface and somekind of presure device attected to it , the whole thing is controlled via a bms but lots of rooms are supplied by the same air handler so if you change any temps or fan speeds it affects all of the rooms , ive checked the little pipes that link the interface and presure device and also checked the filter onthe unit would appreciate any help thanks

Brian_UK
23-01-2008, 10:06 PM
You seem to have checked the first basics.

What should the volume control be set at and what are they set at?

Are the pilot holes clear and are the restrictors in place?

Electronic controls, is the BMS sending the correct signal, has the controller gone belly up?

You should be able to connect the pressure tubes directly to the bellows bypassing the controls, this will close the bellows and prove that they work.

More to follow when I remember, it's been a long time.;)

edit: You might find this useful from Carrier...
http://eto.carrier.com/litterature/psd/13716.pdf

The Viking
23-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Paul,
Is this site near Woking by any chance???

paulwild
24-01-2008, 07:28 AM
no sorry mate its up north

paulwild
24-01-2008, 07:30 AM
thanks brian i will give it a try???

The Viking
24-01-2008, 09:04 PM
Ok,
Some years ago, I was involved in a site in Woking.
Similar set up, we also had problem with the bellows not sealing...Turned out that the supplied pressure from the AHU were about 3 times what it should have been.
Ended up replacing fan motors and installing inverters and new controls, after that we hardly had any problems on site.