PDA

View Full Version : SUMMIT MICRO ERR.3 (Tech Tip)

absolute-zero
23-01-2008, 07:35 AM
WAIT!!!! before you change that Carrier Summit Micro controller see below.

SUMMIT MICRO ERR.3
This message is typically an internal microprocessor failure which requires replacement of the micro.

In some cases, this error message can be generated by a 12VDC input to a resistance sensor at the Micro. For example, this message will be returned if the Return Air Sensor (RAS) is shorted to the Defrost Termination Thermostat (DTT). The DTT is a 12VDC input and the RAS is a resistance input. When 12 VDC is applied to the resistance input, the ERR.3 error message will be generated. This can occur with any resistance sensor input, i.e., the Compressor Discharge Temperature (CDT) Sensor, the Ambient Temperature Sensor (ATS), etc.

Regards A-Z

DaButcher
25-01-2008, 02:30 AM
WAIT!!!! before you change that Carrier Summit Micro controller see below.

SUMMIT MICRO ERR.3
This message is typically an internal microprocessor failure which requires replacement of the micro.

In some cases, this error message can be generated by a 12VDC input to a resistance sensor at the Micro. For example, this message will be returned if the Return Air Sensor (RAS) is shorted to the Defrost Termination Thermostat (DTT). The DTT is a 12VDC input and the RAS is a resistance input. When 12 VDC is applied to the resistance input, the ERR.3 error message will be generated. This can occur with any resistance sensor input, i.e., the Compressor Discharge Temperature (CDT) Sensor, the Ambient Temperature Sensor (ATS), etc.

Regards A-Z

I have changed a few CTC standard micros with err3, always fixed the unit. Great information for a problem unit.

absolute-zero
25-01-2008, 09:09 AM
I have changed a few CTC standard micros with err3, always fixed the unit. Great information for a problem unit.

Exactly, I actually aquired the new CTC library and this was one of the many bulletins it had.

Just thought it was good information to know, so thought i would post.:D

Regarsd A-Z