PDA

View Full Version : TK Fresh Set

absolute-zero
23-01-2008, 07:22 AM
Any one here playing around with TK Fresh Set?

I did a 2 day training class both powerpoint and hands on, for SR2 controller, which included wintrac 4.6, optiset/freshset, wiring schematics and diagrams along with electric standby diagnostics for technicians and sale staff last week in Ontario Canada.

The freshset topic was a big hit as many of these gentlemen heard of it, and sort of new what it was, but never really understood it in it entirety before last week.

TPDF temp bands, floor limits, high speed modulation ceiling bands, was some good stuff to teach, i just hope most of them remeber it.:D

Regards A-Z

nova
01-02-2008, 05:43 PM
Hi,
I've played with OptiSet in SL-400's. Some of our customers are using it with floor limits & high speed modulations & other bells and whistles.

With proper usage optiset can provide really tight temperature management (with the cost of fuel consumption of course)

Just remember when using floor limit enable freeze protection too for warmer setpoints :)

absolute-zero
01-02-2008, 07:47 PM
Hi,
I've played with OptiSet in SL-400's. Some of our customers are using it with floor limits & high speed modulations & other bells and whistles.

With proper usage optiset can provide really tight temperature management (with the cost of fuel consumption of course)

Just remember when using floor limit enable freeze protection too for warmer setpoints :)

Great post Nova!!!

I have performed much instruction on this topic to my customers and there technicians, and have set up many optisets, for both u-P6 and SR2 controllers.

I see you make a mention of a freshset paramaters "freeze protection", "floor limit", and high speed modulation ceiling.

Its not always good to have freeze potection turned on as this will cause the return air not to reach close to set-point,

For an example: If I had a floor limit set for 4 degrees F. and had a setpoint of say 35 degrees or higher I may be inclined to use freeze protection, but if lower than that, floor limit is no longer in the equation, as the minimum freeze protection will not allow below discharge air to be lower than 31 degrees, regarless of floor limit, however if i I had setpoint fresh temp setpoint of below 31 degrees i have now droped below Freeze protection and full 4 degree floor limit is back in play.

As this peratins to my climate environment and ambient conditions here, with grocery distribution haulers that distribute at all product temp ranges.

I have multiple economy modes in optiset set up for frozen ranges. but since were talking about freshset here I will not bring these in.

These are the three freshset ranges that work great at all fresh temp setpoints with 53'trailers and 4 inch insulation.

1st freshset range 24 to 35 degrees

economy mode off
cycle sentry off
continouse on
highspeed pull down off
control on return air on
Mazimum pulldown on
4 degree floor limit.
3.5 degree High speed modulation ceiling.
freeze protection off.2nd freshset range 36 to 55

economy mode (off)
cycle sentry (off)
continouse (on)
highspeed pull down (on)
control on return air (on)
Mazimum pulldown (off)
(4) degree floor limit.
(3.5) degree High speed modulation ceiling.
Freeze protection (on).3rd final range 56 to 80

economy mode (on)
FSII (on)
cycle sentry (on)
Temperature restart (8F)
Min Off Time(off)
Max off time (off)
continouse (on)
low speed switch point (10F)
highspeed pull down (on)
control on return air (on)
Floor limit moudlation (off)
Mazimum pulldown (on)
Freeze protection (on)

I have found these freshset ranges on newer equipment with 48/53 foot trailer, works well, never had a load loss or complaint.

I have other customers that are pulling 38' trailers and smaller that i will tighten up the paramters, but overall, these are the paramters that i live by here.

Each customer is differnt each trailer or refrigerated body is differnt, each hauls products that produce there specified heat of respiration, some trailers are not all white and dont repell the suns radiant heat, all of these factors are what i considered when building these parameters.

I build it upload it and test it, I actually have one specific customer that utilizes two optiset paramters of instruction per 6 months of the season, meaning in winter months he uploads a set of paramters, and summer hot months operates the unit on a differnt set of parameters.

Again this all trial based stuff, till you work all the bugs out of it. you have to make it try it, to see how effective it will work economically and tight temp control.

NOTE: I dont suggest anyone go and use my paramters without feild testing it to make sure it will be applicable to the customers specific needs, but you are more than welcome to use its base and taylor it to your needs.

I do have copies of these parmeters already built and ready for upload through optiset upload via wintrac.

Regards A-Z

nova
02-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Have you measured the fuel consumption especially with high speed modulation? We haven't, but it surely would be nice to have some tests. Here's an image we've taken from SL-400e SR-2 with FreshSet on. Quite nice temperatures, eh?

http://www.kolumbus.fi/cool/optiset.jpg

absolute-zero
02-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Hi Nova,

fuel economy is not the concern, when considering tight temperture contol. the graph you have supplide looks like a nice and flat for temperasture control, however i do not see what ambient temps, are involved.

In my country here the fleet haulers will range ambient temps of many extremes all year round.

Economy mode is set up to run economy modes in frozen temp ranges, where top freeze is not an isuue and dictate when and where Low speed switch points will be acceptable, cycle sentry off time by temperature and or by time.

So we can quite easily make up fuel consumtion in other temp ranges where we may not get in fresh temp ranges.

Of course the Unit will on average consume almost 9/10 of a gallon on high speed operation, and almost half of that in low speed operation, so with that said you could calculate fuel consumtion, if you were to turn on the high speed I/O to record in wintrac to determine the estimated fuel usage.

You cant do this with all tk units, a some do not support the I/O recordings, but for the optiset and or freshset the micro0s that will suport it you can do this with.

A-Z