PDA

View Full Version : Remote Multidecks -- UK

Ribbo
22-01-2008, 11:38 AM
Hi,

Looking for some advice and cant find much info on the net or from resellers.

I am in the market to purchase a remote multideck(s)
totalling around 5 to 5.5 meters in length. This will be used to replace 4 single 0.5m fridges, and a 2m dairy cabinet.

The brands that i have been able to find on the net are:-
Norpe MD36 / MD43
Arneg Nimes / Alves
Scanfrost
Caravell
Valera VMDR

What is the best brand of remote multideck to go with in terms of reliability, price etc, ease of maintennance, spare parts etc. Can anyone offer any advice? or suggest any other brands i should look at?

Who would be the best supplier/installer for my equipment? im based just outside glasgow.

Andy W
22-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Pastorfrigor is another brand, they are all pretty much the same nowadays at the end of the day you are just buying an insulated display with an evaporator coil and lights and fans, now selection of the condensing unit to run it is another thing totally, that is where selection of equipment is important.

eggs
22-01-2008, 07:13 PM
I agree with Andy.
With Pastorfrigor you basically have them all.
I have had a bad do with a Pastorfrigor cabinet recently. Agrrrrrrrrrr, not my favorites this week. I had a leak from the flare on the expansion valve, chopped it off only to find metric pipe.....agrrrrrrrrrrr.
For outdoor unit we are using Marstair, or Thermofrost's own.
AVOID THE DANFOSS ONES.

eggs

Andy W
22-01-2008, 09:55 PM
not my favorites this week. I had a leak from the flare on the expansion valve, chopped it off only to find metric pipe.....agrrrrrrrrrrr.
eggsHow many times has that happened and how annoying is it when you then have to get a hot work permit, isolate alarm zones, fire extuingsher, person to stand on fire watch ..............

bill1983
22-01-2008, 10:51 PM
don't reflare it, fit a sweat valve and reduce the chance of leaks. i have had the same problem many times. brazed joints.............its the future

eggs
23-01-2008, 12:24 AM
don't reflare it, fit a sweat valve and reduce the chance of leaks. i have had the same problem many times. brazed joints.............its the future

Agrrrrrrrrrr..... the customer thought i should have had a new one, the correct size in my van aswell:rolleyes: Silly me, it was under all the air conditioning fixings, next to the 315 ducting under the recovery bottle. You know, near where i keep the spare "elco's":o
I did eventually change it for a sweat one, with a 1/2" expansion line.

eggs

Ribbo
23-01-2008, 01:40 AM
so for reliability, which multideck is cheapest and reliable?
And what condensing unit should i get?

And who can supply me with it in glasgow :)

Andy W
23-01-2008, 09:11 AM
The Bond Group have a northern office in Falkirk and sell a range of cabinets as well as carry out refurbishment of old cabinets for resale, worth giving them a call.

http://www.bond-group.co.uk

Latte
25-01-2008, 01:58 AM
Ribbo,

I have tried to PM you but i dont think you have enabled them. There is a company in Broxburn on the outskirts of Edinburgh that supply/install and have a showroom there that you could go and have a look at.
I dont want to upset the moderators by advertising openly on the forum, but if you either enable youre PM's or send me youre e-mail address i will send you the details. At least you can go have a look at them then

regards

Fatboy

Ribbo
01-02-2008, 03:12 PM
is the firm called capital cooling?

Latte
01-02-2008, 08:43 PM
is the firm called capital cooling?

Thats the one

Regards

fatboy