PDA

View Full Version : Testing and Balancing Proceedures

Tradewinds
22-01-2008, 03:42 AM
Hi,
Just wondering what everyone's recommendations would be regarding which book to purchase that covers Testing and Balancing of HVAC Air and Water Systems. Looking for something that covers Commissioning, Balancing Procedures and UK Standards. Also need to find relevant documentation to present to the client.

Tesla
22-01-2008, 09:00 AM
The Air side of things is usually given by consultant who designs the ducting layout (on plans).
The water side is also from consultant but can be obtained from manufacturer of heat exchangers usually on a plate or sticker.
There are a few design books like HVAC design systems Handbook by Haines Wilson. Be carefull of units - metric or imperail - depends on which part of the world you come from. Then there is literature from our industry institutes which gives tables, rules of thumb, and standard parameters. Also OEM's (Original Equipment Manufactures) print design manuals for such work. I have found it differcult to obtain a metric design book for water and air systems.

Brian_UK
23-01-2008, 01:25 AM
Get the CIBSE Commissioning books, they've been the standard for years.

http://www.cibse.org/index.cfm?go=publications.search&keywords=commissioning

Tradewinds
24-01-2008, 07:19 AM
Thanks Brian,
That's exactly what I need. I have only recently moved to the UK from Australia and just wanted to get up to speed with UK policies. Signed up with CIBSE too.
Thanks for your help.

Brian_UK
24-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Well done, I know that CIBSE documents aren't cheap but then again the good ones never are ;)

I little bit of bragging here, my Dad is credited in one or two of the guides. In the days of yore I used to work with him in one of the leading HVAC commissioning companies of the UK. :)