PDA

View Full Version : Auxillary power units

absolute-zero
22-01-2008, 03:01 AM
any one here from RE servicing or installing APU's idle reduction technolgies for tractor climate control systems.
i have done much with Espar Airtronics, Webasto Air and Hydronics, and have serviced and installed many Tri-Pacs.

just curiouse what others are doing in regards to these remarkable machines.

Tri-Pac
Pro-Cool
Rigmaster
PonyPack
Webasto
Espar
est.

DaButcher
22-01-2008, 05:46 AM
any one here from RE servicing or installing APU's idle reduction technolgies for tractor climate control systems.
i have done much with Espar Airtronics, Webasto Air and Hydronics, and have serviced and installed many Tri-Pacs.

I have the books, and read most bulletins on the Tri-Pacs. Repaired a few, never installed.

absolute-zero
22-01-2008, 04:34 PM
I have the books, and read most bulletins on the Tri-Pacs. Repaired a few, never installed.

We have a couple Walmart DC's here that we installed maybe a thousand or more. We insatlled on many private owner operators trucks that required some major customizing the insatall.

I remeber installing the first one, these were the days before tk bought the patent on them from a dealer owner in wisconsin that inventend the Tri-Pac.

Tri-Pac Bulletins he he he, it seemed for a while there thats all the bulletins that were being published were on tri-pac.

Most service issues we have here in the north east is espars heaters not firing, due to fule or bio-fuel related issues. I have had to take several completely apart and clean out the heat exchangers and combustion chambers.

Regards A-Z