PDA

View Full Version : pressure drop of pump return line ammonia

Moeller
27-04-2003, 07:46 PM
Hey,

I am searching for a formula to calculate the pressure drop of the pump return line (wet gas recírc. 2-5) of ammonia.

In practice the pump return line will be mostly one diameter bigger than the gas line but I need to calculate the pressure drop. Because the pipelength are more then 100 m (328 ft) and there is a suction mainvalve. To prevent high pressure drop over 2 K a calculation have to be.

Could you help?

Thanks

O. Möller

Andy
27-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Hi Moeller,
I use the Dircal program available from the Danfoss site for free.http://Danfoss.com
Search about and you will find this under there Industrial Refrigeration section.
Any problems locating Dircal, post back and I will go look for the exact link.
Kind Regards. Andy:)

Moeller
28-04-2003, 09:56 AM
Hi Andy,

thanks, this program I use too. But I want to make my own program (Excel sheet to have a better overview of the results and for better documentation). But I do not believe the calculated pressure loss of the Dircalc-program always and I want to know the calculation base. I asked Danfoss, which base formula they take. Up to now I am waiting for answer.

O. Möller

Andy
28-04-2003, 07:30 PM
Hi Moeller,
in discussions with a danfoss representative, I was informed that there maybe a problem with sum suction lines wet/dry calculated on Dircal below -30 deg C. I might be able to send you a chart on excel to calculate the pipe sizes. I will see if I can make this available to you and I will post back.
Kind Regards Andy:)

Moeller
28-04-2003, 08:41 PM
Hi Andy,

this would be great.

Thanks.

O. Möller

Magoo
04-09-2007, 05:21 AM
Hi Andy & Moeller, can you post info, Iwould be keen to see spread sheet, as I use Dircal as well.

regards Magoo