PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic system worked only 1.30 minute

bach
19-01-2008, 10:43 AM
Just have a quick test an old Panasonic
outdoor model CU-A182KR gas R-22.
The owner said the system just ran for 1 and half minute only. I asked him to tried to run the system 5 times and I touched the liquid pipe and gas pipe at the cool mode. Fan, compressor work at normal, but when the gas returned to the gas pipe and made a little thin ice cover the gas pipe, the system suddenly turned off by it self. I think with a reasonable condition the thin ice should be appeared at the liquid side instead of the gas side.
After tested 5 times,I asked him to changed to the heat mode, I just hear the little noise:"click" from one off relay,
waiting few minutes, the system can not start at the heat mode. Cameback to cool mode, it started at normal for 1 and minute again. Because I have'nt got the circuit diagram, so I just measured voltage, current, and I did not test the PSI with the gauge (just pass to the customer's house for 10 minute only in hurry), Anyone have any experience about this case? Please share to a young new air man. I was confused between electrical section and mechanic section.
If the fault from electrical section, then I should be needed circuit diagram as well.
Thanks for your time to read this case.:p

paul_h
19-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Indoor fan running?
If the suction frosted up that's the only thing I could think of, sometimes the indoor fan motor and PCB dies on these. That's the only error I could think of that causes it to shut off so soon.
Thermistor or electronic error = shut of straight away or never start.
indoor fan motor = run for about 30 sec.
gas flow error = run until thermistor reaches cut off, ie more for than a few minutes the first time its switched on.

refaircon
19-01-2008, 12:53 PM
liqiud line frosting, looks like short of charge!
is the condensor being called for even though it is not running???

AcidSlasher
19-01-2008, 02:51 PM
do u have any error codes coming up anywhere??

my guess is its cutting out on LP (low pressure). an iced up suction line is generally a sign of a short of gas in the system.

paul_h
19-01-2008, 03:22 PM
do u have any error codes coming up anywhere??

my guess is its cutting out on LP (low pressure). an iced up suction line is generally a sign of a short of gas in the system.
Besides the fact that most splits don't have an LP control, what type of system would ice up in 90 seconds?

Gary
19-01-2008, 07:35 PM
If I only had ten minutes to check out a system and didn't have any tools with me, here's what I would check (and in this order):

Is the thermostat calling for cooling?
Is the evaporator fan running?
Is the evaporator coil clear?
Is the condenser fan running?
Is the condenser coil clear?
Is the compressor running?
Is the liquid line warm, but not hot?
Is the suction line cold, but not freezing?

At this point, I would have a pretty fair idea of what's wrong.

Jimbo!
19-01-2008, 10:11 PM
unless it was a capilary tube system :rolleyes:

Brian_UK
20-01-2008, 12:28 AM
unless it was a capilary tube system :rolleyes::confused::confused:

You should find a wiring diagram inside the unit covers.

Gary
20-01-2008, 05:28 AM
unless it was a capilary tube system :rolleyes:

Nope, I would check a cap tube system the same way.

bach
21-01-2008, 07:33 AM
Dear Paul, yes I just rang to asked the customer, he confirmed that the fan indoor
didn't work. There was 2 stories house, last time I just went pass and didn't jumped to upstair, just the owner operated following my order only.
Thanks for your sharing the golden experiences.Best Regard.

paul_h
21-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Dear Paul, yes I just rang to asked the customer, he confirmed that the fan indoor
didn't work. There was 2 stories house, last time I just went pass and didn't jumped to upstair, just the owner operated following my order only.
Thanks for your sharing the golden experiences.Best Regard.
Yeah, I repair a lot of panasonics as well as fujitsus :)
Replace the power PCB as well as the fan motor if this happens on panasonics as the motor shorting out always damages the power/relay PCB.