PDA

View Full Version : Price Per Pound?

puterg33k
18-01-2008, 08:47 PM
What's is the best method for building such a system? (Parts, Labor, Know-how)

What's the total cost V.S. effectiveness of these systems?

What would it take to build and sell them?

I'm more interested in buying one than building one, I know this may sound lazy. However, I live in a College dorm. It's really not an option for me at this point...

Also if you can build one for myself for a resonable price and make a profit. Why not do so for others. Overclocking has become quite the craze. Im sure if a unit could be priced right it would sell quite well.

I know that water cooling systems aren't worth it, they're costly and not as effective as anyone would hope. For 150 to 300 USD you can devise a system that will cool only your CPU. If you start adding other options onto that it becomes much more costly, and the chance of a leak is always a possibility.

First and for-most, sell me a working unit. That's dependable... :) If that sort of thing is even allowed here?

It will be much easier to reach me via email, but e mails are not allowed on this site.

The MG Pony
19-01-2008, 12:00 AM
1- Will you make money, holy mother of hell no!
2- Do they work great - Yes
3- Skill if you have to ask you don't have it (Thuse you need to learn a whole lot)

4- Tools at least $2,000 if you shop around and get good deals or all ready own a good number

5- Parts Look towards the 1,000 dollar range, at absalute best and luck cheapest is $700 and thats scavenging them. Thats for a properly built unit

Water cooling is cheap and effective just people who relie on companies pay out the rear!

Secondaly go to: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80

Buying and selling is forbiden in the main forums, ask questions and learn & After a 100 posts you can view the For sale or trade area or arrange a deal via PM.

interDOS
19-01-2008, 12:01 AM
What's is the best method for building such a system? (Parts, Labor, Know-how)

What's the total cost V.S. effectiveness of these systems?

What would it take to build and sell them? ........

...... First and for-most, sell me a working unit. That's dependable... :) If that sort of thing is even allowed here?

What type of SYSTEM are you talking about?

I have seen several types of phase change/direct die chillers, on various websites.

puterg33k
17-02-2008, 07:21 PM
I'm by no means interested in learning any of this, the solution in my mind was having one built for me. Something mobile more powerful that what is being sold online. I'd be willing to pick it up if there's anyone in Southern California.

Brian_UK
18-02-2008, 01:33 AM
Seems like you need to place an advert in your local paper.

jim01
16-07-2010, 09:55 AM
great post thanks to you