PDA

View Full Version : SR2 download

DaButcher
18-01-2008, 03:33 PM
My 1st post here.

SB 210, download only shows power up time, fault codes and set point. Does not show return and discharge temps. like it should. What is set wrong? I'm thinking a cold start would put it back right.

absolute-zero
18-01-2008, 05:45 PM
My 1st post here.

SB 210, download only shows power up time, fault codes and set point. Does not show return and discharge temps. like it should. What is set wrong? I'm thinking a cold start would put it back right.

You downloaded through the Cargo Watch, port.

Download the data through the service watch port.

If you want info from the HMI Cargo watch, you will have to set it up through wintrac much like a DAS. You may need to go in and turn on sensors to be logged on through wintrac in the HMI.

But regardless Service watch will tell you no tales, and if you have technician user level enabled. you will get alot more technical data.

In your wintrac program there is a help tab window, it lists detailed instructions on how to turn on sensors to log and any other data that you want to see.

Regards A-Z

DaButcher
19-01-2008, 02:27 AM
You downloaded through the Cargo Watch, port.

Download the data through the service watch port.

If you want info from the HMI Cargo watch, you will have to set it up through wintrac much like a DAS. You may need to go in and turn on sensors to be logged on through wintrac in the HMI.

But regardless Service watch will tell you no tales, and if you have technician user level enabled. you will get alot more technical data.

In your wintrac program there is a help tab window, it lists detailed instructions on how to turn on sensors to log and any other data that you want to see.

Regards A-Z

I did download from service and cargo watch.

Cargo watch needs the extra sensors in the back to work? Cargo download has a column in tabular view for sensors, but nothing is there.

Service watch download does not even have the columns for sensors. It was setup to poll every 10 min. for return, discharge, ambient, and coil, but does not show up in graph or tabular view.

Wintrac is on admin. level, which I believe is above technician level. I have been all through the help section of wintrac, and most of the sr2 "green" book with no luck finding a solution.

This was a over the road repair, and most likely will never see this unit again. Trying to understand all this for future reference.

absolute-zero
19-01-2008, 02:39 AM

Cargo watch needs the extra sensors in the back to work? Cargo download has a column in tabular view for sensors, but nothing is there.

Service watch download does not even have the columns for sensors. It was setup to poll every 10 min. for return, discharge, ambient, and coil, but does not show up in graph or tabular view.

Wintrac is on admin. level, which I believe is above technician level. I have been all through the help section of wintrac, and most of the sr2 "green" book with no luck finding a solution.

This was a over the road repair, and most likely will never see this unit again. Trying to understand all this for future reference.

What version of wintrac are you using? You will need 4.4 version or higher for SR2 single temps and 4.6 SR2 multi-temps.

i noticed you said admin level. I have never heard of that level for wiintrac, but I have seen it in ReeferManager.

Find out the version by clicking on help about wintrac. a new window will pop with version you are running.

A-Z

absolute-zero
19-01-2008, 02:41 AM

Maybe you can email me both cargo watch and service watch wtf files.

I have wintrac on my desktop Perhaps i can see what is going on with it.

A-Z

DaButcher
19-01-2008, 02:50 AM
Maybe you can email me both cargo watch and service watch wtf files.

I have wintrac on my desktop Perhaps i can see what is going on with it.

A-Z

Will email it to you! Wintrac version is the latest greatest, have to get laptop from service truck to find out exactly.

Just one problem, what is your email address? Haven't found email on this forum yet.

absolute-zero
19-01-2008, 03:00 AM
Hey dabutcher,

I just sent you an email, just reply to it with attached wtf files, i will take it from there.;)

thermo prince
19-01-2008, 03:09 AM
Good assist a-z, you're the man on this case ! See if you can use " The Knack" - was that you in the cartoon?
Yuk Yuk :D :D

Let us know what you dig up. I gather from DaButcher it's an out of state trailer. Is it under any service contract ?

have a good w/e
T-P

absolute-zero
19-01-2008, 03:36 AM
Good assist a-z, you're the man on this case ! See if you can use " The Knack" - was that you in the cartoon?
Yuk Yuk :D :D

Let us know what you dig up. I gather from DaButcher it's an out of state trailer. Is it under any service contract ?

have a good w/e
T-P

Hey T-P

The Knack came frome Steve H at TK MPLS, i think one of his IT gooroos made it for him.;)

Regards A-Z

thermo prince
19-01-2008, 03:51 AM
Gooood one a-z!

Maybe that kid was you as a child. The industry needs more like ye to come along - not alone with great skills & aptitude but positve attitude as well.

b.t.w Thanks for your post on Fred McKinley Jones , the industry founder. :)
Did not get point of Frank's reply though about thousands losing jobs because of it :confused:- invention of transport temp control created an industry while opening up the world to availability any time anywhere of foods and other perishables.

best regards
T-P

absolute-zero
19-01-2008, 04:03 AM
Hi Dabutch Thanks for the downloads,

I have taken a brief moment to review them.

Couple obviouse things i found right out of the gate.

Service Watch rev was B002

Cargo Watch rev was 6501

I am finding no where in the data that anyone has ever went in changed the logging, however I did find the HMI had corrupted data stored in it dated back May 11 2007 at 9:00 pm till 11:30 pm.

Some one has serviced this controller before based on revisions, in both HMI and controller. Plus time stamps do not match. I see logged data in service watch back to Jan 06, and may 07 for cargo watch.

Nothing Jives, perhaps the HMI was replaced or somone got to messing around with the unit in wintrac and shut off all logging, or there is a software to hardware conflict.

I would make the reccomendation of flashloading the service watch to B007 rev. and Cargo watch HMI to 6512 revision, make sure clock setting is correct in HMI, then perfrom a long PTI,

Using wintrac go into sensor tab when communicating with service watch, set all supported unit sensors and analog / digital inputs to log both time and event. Be sure to save the changed settings in service watch.

Let run for an hr, then perform another long PTI, after it completes that wait a few minutes and enter a Start of trip, wait 15 minutes then download the service watch, to see if all data is there and the PTI and start of trip is there.

Regards A-Z

absolute-zero
19-01-2008, 04:10 AM
Gooood one a-z!

Maybe that kid was you as a child. The industry needs more like ye to come along - not alone with great skills & aptitude but positve attitude as well.

b.t.w Thanks for your post on Fred McKinley Jones , the industry founder. :)
Did not get point of Frank's reply though about thousands losing jobs because of it :confused:- invention of transport temp control created an industry while opening up the world to availability any time anywhere of foods and other perishables.

best regards
T-P

I did mess around with things as a kid all electriacl and even mechanical, i wasnt smart enough to build a ham radio, But i did know how to charge up a capacitor with AC 120 voltage and let my lil sis or brother pic it up to give me as a prank, i think i only pulled that stunt once when i was 9 and my dad found out, he kicke4d my ass.

Im not sure what all the lost jobs meant either, maybe he was refering to farmers cooton Ginnys and there horses dated back before the transport refrigerated days.

Its no big secret that machines take the place of many working people.

Regards A-Z

absolute-zero
19-01-2008, 04:22 AM
Hey Dabutcher

Based on your avatar pic, I think its time you upgraded to TK EON!!!!!!!!!;)

DaButcher
19-01-2008, 05:18 AM
Thanks for your help A-Z, wish I would have had time to update that unit. Owner had a bad load claim on 12-29 and all he wanted was to prove or disprove if reefer was responsible. Of course the driver was pushing me to finish to make his next appointment.

By this download, I could not determine much to help him with the claim one way or the other, except set point was at 35 deg. and no faults occurred.

DaButcher
19-01-2008, 05:21 AM
Hey Dabutcher

Based on your avatar pic, I think its time you upgraded to TK EON!!!!!!!!!;)

LOL, I think that's a topic of discussion for another thread, if it hasn't already been cussed and discussed here.
:D

thermo prince
19-01-2008, 05:55 AM
Geeeze is that what the avatar is ? ,,,, a bashed battery! I was gonna ask DaButcher before a-z brought it up .
I thought it was an old reefer box that had been hit by a train ! LOL

absolute-zero
19-01-2008, 08:06 PM
LOL, I think that's a topic of discussion for another thread, if it hasn't already been cussed and discussed here.
:D

Did you open the doors of a reefer to find that? Or was it somone using an open flame around it when it was being recharged?

I have my hypothesis as to why batteries explode, but, I sure hope no one was injured or around that when it happened.:eek:

Glad i was able to help understand the SR2 and what it was doing. I am sure its nothing you did, that cause the download to look like that, My guess would be somone replaced the HMI version A with a version B, and never updated the software for the Hardware change.

As i was looking at the download I did see the obvious signs that the unit was stuck on stupid, meaning, I saw alot of power ups repetatively, this was caused by HMI and controller trying to comminicate and introduce each other through the CAN, with 6504 revison and older, typically the unit could constantly cycle in and out of unit configuring on power ups, it was glitch in the software but TK fixed in 6504 rev. I also saw other issues in the download but not important.

I believe 6507 or higher would have fixed all those issues that I saw in the download.

the present S/W that is now being used is 6512, and is the prefered S/W that should be used, that will have the same instructions to correct the issue, along with correcting some other interface issues in both single temp and multi-temp SR-2 applications.

Have good W/E

regards A-Z

absolute-zero
20-01-2008, 08:11 PM
T-P, Dabutcher,

thanks for the rep points.:D I however noticed they have not appeared.

I wonder whats up with that?:mad:

A-Z

DaButcher
20-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Did you open the doors of a reefer to find that? Or was it somone using an open flame around it when it was being recharged?

regards A-Z

Opened the door and found it. In the last two years have seen more than two dozen TK batteries that have exploded. Heard two of them, both had low voltage and exploded when starter engaged. All were on TK units, none on CTC units. All the blown batteries were relabeled Interstate batteries. BTW Interstate is no longer the supplier of TK batteries.

http://inlinethumb60.webshots.com/42683/2476799120100152096S600x600Q85.jpg

DaButcher
21-01-2008, 12:01 AM
Tried to post another pic of the battery. Have to have 15 post to do that. Hang on for a mini flood from DaButcher!

DaButcher
21-01-2008, 12:02 AM
Tried to post another pic of the battery. Have to have 15 post to do that. Hang on for a mini flood from DaButcher! 7 more

DaButcher
21-01-2008, 12:02 AM
Tried to post another pic of the battery. Have to have 15 post to do that. Hang on for a mini flood from DaButcher! 6 more

DaButcher
21-01-2008, 12:03 AM
Tried to post another pic of the battery. Have to have 15 post to do that. Hang on for a mini flood from DaButcher! 5 more

DaButcher
21-01-2008, 12:04 AM
Tried to post another pic of the battery. Have to have 15 post to do that. Hang on for a mini flood from DaButcher! 4 more

DaButcher
21-01-2008, 12:04 AM
Tried to post another pic of the battery. Have to have 15 post to do that. Hang on for a mini flood from DaButcher! 3 more

DaButcher
21-01-2008, 12:05 AM
Tried to post another pic of the battery. Have to have 15 post to do that. Hang on for a mini flood from DaButcher! 3 more

DaButcher
21-01-2008, 12:05 AM
Tried to post another pic of the battery. Have to have 15 post to do that. Hang on for a mini flood from DaButcher! 2 more

DaButcher
21-01-2008, 12:06 AM
Tried to post another pic of the battery. Have to have 15 post to do that. Hang on for a mini flood from DaButcher! 1 more

absolute-zero
21-01-2008, 12:09 AM
I havent seen that many blow up, up here in the north east but I would may suspect that high ambients were involved. TK is no longer using IB as there primary battery vendor, they have gone to exide, and also are now utilizing the EON battery.

I have many customers that will vouch for the EON battery in my area as it has proven its worth here in the north east, in regards to low mainteannce, no corrosion factors, lifecycle, increased reserve capacity, dry cell technolgy doesnt freeze in winter, battery slowly shows signs of wear in all starting conditions over the course of its life, unmatched 4yr full lifetime warranty.

I can keep going on and on about this paticular battery. The battery is worth its weight in gold.

Regards A-Z

absolute-zero
21-01-2008, 12:10 AM
Tried to post another pic of the battery. Have to have 15 post to do that. Hang on for a mini flood from DaButcher! 1 more

You go Booooooooooooooooy:D

DaButcher
21-01-2008, 12:13 AM
I havent seen that many blow up, up here in the north east but I would may suspect that high ambients were involved. TK is no longer using IB as there primary battery vendor, they have gone to exide, and also are now utilizing the EON battery.

I have many customers that will vouch for the EON battery in my area as it has proven its worth here in the north east, in regards to low mainteannce, no corrosion factors, lifecycle, increased reserve capacity, dry cell technolgy doesnt freeze in winter, battery slowly shows signs of wear in all starting conditions over the course of its life, unmatched 4yr full lifetime warranty.

I can keep going on and on about this paticular battery. The battery is worth its weight in gold.

Regards A-Z

Majority were on 90 deg. or more days.
I could not agree more about the benefits of the EON battery, and have heard it will be standard on all new TK's soon. Not all good for me, make good money changing batteries being a flat rate tech.

nike123
21-01-2008, 12:15 AM
Did you every time type this post again or you use copy/paste function?
This is significant because, if you use copy/paste function you maybe not going to be allowed to post pictures!:D:D

absolute-zero
21-01-2008, 12:16 AM

Regards A-Z

The only negative i heard on the battery was the weight comparison, especially when trying to install in a Super II multi-temp with deep sump 7 qt compressor.:( But the customers here think thats a small trade off. in comparison to battery failures and breakdowns, i guess you cant put a price tag on piece of mind.

Regards A-Z

absolute-zero
21-01-2008, 12:25 AM
Majority were on 90 deg. or more days.
I could not agree more about the benefits of the EON battery, and have heard it will be standard on all new TK's soon. Not all good for me, make good money changing batteries being a flat rate tech.

Yeah dead batteries on an after hr callout can be beneficial to the wallet for a technician, I know it was for me:D

But the world and there specific regions recognize issues that cause customers grief, and this make engineers working harder in providing solutions to these griefs in added value to specific product lines.

The good news is hopefully techs wont have to get all dirty any more mechanically fixing every issue, but more so fix them logically and or through the web based tracking systems.

I dont see that happening next week but, however it is a nice thought.

As long as equipment is still needed and runs or operates mechanicaaly by its basic root design we will all need to continue to service the stuff.

regards A-Z

absolute-zero
21-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Opened the door and found it. In the last two years have seen more than two dozen TK batteries that have exploded. Heard two of them, both had low voltage and exploded when starter engaged. All were on TK units, none on CTC units. All the blown batteries were relabeled Interstate batteries. BTW Interstate is no longer the supplier of TK batteries.

http://inlinethumb60.webshots.com/42683/2476799120100152096S600x600Q85.jpg

Very cool, glad no one was around it when it happened.;)

I remember years ago working on a CBci system early max 502 sytem, clean up, requiring 12vdc to run fans and est. I had migshift 214 compressor and electric motor at the time with a henry clean up kit. I used a battery charger to maintain vehicle batteries whil running the process, severla hours on clen up i noticed a smell from the other end of the shop, and 30 seconds later the I heard what sounded like a cannon going off.:eek:

This was my first expierence of battery explosion.

Luckily no one was in the are when it happened.;)

I have always heard of the potentiols of this happening and it was after that day I gave Batteries the respect of the fatal or near fatal possibilties.;)

A-Z

DaButcher
22-01-2008, 02:16 AM
I gave Batteries the respect of the fatal or near fatal possibilties.;)

A-Z

You will very rarely see DaButcher letting a TK start with the road side door open.:eek:

absolute-zero
22-01-2008, 02:56 AM
You will very rarely see DaButcher letting a TK start with the road side door open.:eek:

Sounds like a good idea;)

tkjimmy
08-02-2008, 06:40 PM
if you have not figured it out yet you are not in tech mode or engineer mode of wintrac,eng mode will give lots more data

absolute-zero
08-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Hi tkjim,
I reviewed the download that, Datbutcher sent me a week or two ago, it apperars that somone turned off all the logging data in the service watch base controller.

Regards A-Z

Ps glad to see another TTC professional member here. I look forward to reading your posts.:)

tkjimmy
08-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Hi tkjim,
I reviewed the download that, Datbutcher sent me a week or two ago, it apperars that somone turned off all the logging data in the service watch base controller.

Regards A-Z

Ps glad to see another TTC professional member here. I look forward to reading your posts.:)

i aint seen that yet
seen a lot of the battery issues
the reason carriers dont do that when the bat shorts is the internal sense in the regulator
the tk multitemps blow the batteries easy

higher amp alt

nice to meet ya

TDI
08-02-2008, 11:50 PM
i dont think its a multitemp prob
in europe (germany, switzerland)thers no prob with blown batts
i think its a manufactoring prob

TDI

absolute-zero
09-02-2008, 12:12 AM
i dont think its a multitemp prob
in europe (germany, switzerland)thers no prob with blown batts
i think its a manufactoring prob

TDI

Not a problem for a EON dry cell battery any where in the world:)

A-Z

absolute-zero
09-02-2008, 12:18 AM
i aint seen that yet
seen a lot of the battery issues
the reason carriers dont do that when the bat shorts is the internal sense in the regulator
the tk multitemps blow the batteries easy

higher amp alt

nice to meet ya

Thats because TK remote evaps use 12-14 vdc fans, where ctc uses the AC martinator to provide high voltage ac voltage to the remote fans.

TK uses 120 amp alternator to handle the electrical load for remote evaps, New SR2 MT expansion module is smart enough to control fan speed through electrical current load, depending on specific configs mainly speaking of Z configuration, which will be S-6 PE in both second and 3rd zone, holy moly talk about current, imagine 12 fans running all at once at full current!!!!! Thank goodness for the expansion module:)

A-Z

TDI
09-02-2008, 12:41 AM
ok in europe sr2 mt will be released in Q4 2008
but i dont think with z2 and z3 @S6
rather with S3 in z2 and z3

now it is as follows:
SL MULTI-TEMPERATURE
SYSTEM SELECTION GUIDE
Good Practice
Maximum Number of Fans per System:
• The trailer host will support a maximum of six evaporator
fans

Hein Htet
16-02-2008, 02:24 PM
Dear All ,
I'm M&E Engineer from Singapore. I would like to know about VRV System ebook , free download website .
Thanks

samuelosto
12-02-2010, 09:14 PM
hello I could send the software
my mail : sam_Virgo_123@hotmail.com

MRW
14-02-2010, 11:10 PM
very rare to see a battery explode on tk multitemp here in UK,i look after 150 SL Spectrum S6 Parallel evap,now got 6x SLX Spectrum S6PE,we use a Varta wet cell battery,but dont suffer the extereme weather conditions as in North America,
as far as wintrac is concerned you should have 4.6 or higher to work effectivly with SR11

bakhti
15-02-2010, 03:43 PM
merciiiiiiiiiiiii