PDA

View Full Version : More Tales Of The Unexpected

grump
18-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Torquay England late 1970s York air cooled chiller 200mm pipework,(poor cooling) i was told the problem was most certainly the chilled water pump it was to be removed taken to the manufacturers for checking and repair.In the meantime the pump sounded fine it was drawing under its rated current. The chiller was running unloaded on the first stage of six. In the meantime i decided to make sure the system was in a good state of repair/maintenance all appeared ok, finally i decided to check the chilled water pipework the chiller was raised approx one metre above the flat roof where underneath i found this big insulated lump, on removal of the wire mesh, rubber covered fibre glass was a strainer. On removal the strainer was found to be 80% blocked this was cleaned replaced. I then opened the chiller control panel,switched the unit on, all six stages loaded up.I am sure there are many of you out there who love the sound of the larger recips fully loaded. On that particular day i certainly was. I stood back and thought" you are good you are."
When i saw all six lights on the controller switching on also hearing the system loading fully for the first time in many summers i felt genuinely sorry the chiller just sitting there waiting on an engineer to come along who really cared. To be continued
:D:D:D Grump