PDA

View Full Version : Oil Reservoir connect to low side??

hendry
16-01-2008, 07:11 AM
have you seen such connection for centralised oil reservoir?

tell me what is your experiences ...

curious to know ... what happen to the lube oil? why it does not return to compressor.

Tesla
16-01-2008, 07:25 AM
Yes I have seen. From discharge oil seperator to resivior then oil returns to compressor crankcase. The resivior had a CV20 pressure differential valve to keep resivior 20 psi above suction, this 1/4 in line went to suction pipe. It should return to comp.

hendry
16-01-2008, 07:35 AM
the CV20, in which direction should it be isntalled?
also, what are the chances of leaking from hi side to lo side pressrure?

20psi differential ... but normally oil sep has at least 15barG for tropical climates.

could you be more elborative? cheerio ...

128cyclist
03-04-2008, 10:35 PM
There are several ways to acheive the diferential. use a pressure differential valve, use a automatic expansion valve or as elaborate as a A4 orA8 parker valve. Note the differential needs to be set 15-20 PSI higher then your lowest suction pressure. this is important on a rack because a rack operates as the suction pressure required for the coldes circuit.
If yo are still having oil resevoir return problems you may need to look at the oil separator screen or filter. the POE refrigerants will scrub the lines clean and can clog the oil seperator. In the case of the temprite oil seperator a clogged filter media will blow the o-ring out at 30 PSID pressure differential.
One important thought why are you loosing the oil in the first place do you have a system issue that needs to addressed (blown compressor valves, flood back or system balance issues)

hendry
07-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Hola,

we actually troubleshoot the problems on behalf of our client.
the system was put up by some claimed "experts".

but, in our design we seldom perform such installation knowing the hiccups in operations.

anyway, the problems was solved at times of our visit.

i wrote this to seek opinions on why it is done so.

i again thank you for the valuable info. Thanks.:)