PDA

View Full Version : Daikin split problem (any ideas)

airconjohn
15-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help with a problem i encountered today with a daikin split system.When the compressor starts both suction and liquid lines pump down to 0 psi.Both valves are open and no problem with a shortage of gas.Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks John

Thermatech
15-01-2008, 10:42 PM
If the system was running in cooling then might be blockage at outdoor unit liquid line expansion device.
The compressor pumps all refrigerant into the outdoor coil which just fills up with the liquid but it cant get out down the liquid line to the indoor unit.

marc5180
15-01-2008, 10:46 PM
It sounds like its pumping its self down, a blockage in the liquid line.

julian E
15-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Hi ya john i had this fault on a daikin unit on monday and found it to be the EXV if you turn the power off to the condensor and turn it back on is the expansion device noise because thats how i found my fault.
good luck julian

The Viking
16-01-2008, 12:05 AM
John,

When you say liquid line, have you connected to the smaller valve on the outside of the unit?
If so, then both your gauges are connected on the suction side of the expansion device.
Depending on the model you're looking at, I would say that either TEV, Capillary tube, drier or strainer is blocked (or in the case of TEV-faulty).
If this is a heatpump, it would be interesting to know what happens in heating mode.

good luck

paul_h
16-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Check to see if the electronic TX is plugged in properly.
When powering up you'll hear the valve hammer away seating itself (though it might only be a slight rumble so you'll have to listen closely).
Make sure the valve coil is properly secured to the vavlve body too.
If it's plugged in, seated properly, and does the start up rumble/hammer, then you have a blockage in the liquid line somewhere. Maybe at the valve itself, but it could be at the strainer or anywhere on the liquid line.
Does this unit have a condenser gauge schrader port inside the unit anywhere?

frank
16-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help with a problem i encountered today with a daikin split system.When the compressor starts both suction and liquid lines pump down to 0 psi.Both valves are open and no problem with a shortage of gas.Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks John
How did you determine this?

Obi Wan
16-01-2008, 10:09 PM
Do you have a model number?

still learning
19-01-2008, 02:56 PM
hi, if you find all valves to be working as should be and this unit uses quarter pipe work , it may be worth reclaiming all the gas and testing for a blockage in the pipe work , i have seen quarter blocked with too much braze.
if you cant find any joins dissconect the pipe workat the outdoor and put some o f n thru the quarterand see if you can hear it coming back thru your suction pipe , particularly if you did not do the install yourself.
hope this is of help to you.
there are very good people on this site, you are bound to get the answer you need..

transit 1
22-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Thanks John
hi there if no blocked pipes 3 way valve ? if in doubt give it a .just a thought

frank
23-01-2008, 09:41 AM
Thanks John

Any response airconjohn? - are you still with us?

grump
23-01-2008, 06:33 PM
Hello is there any body there ( wherefore art though) airconjohn if you do decide to return my bet is on, (Still Learning).now i am new to this site many ego,s are on hold with regards to who comes up with answer to your immediate problem. Grump:D:D:D

marc5180
17-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Another one hit wonder:(

Chill doctor
17-02-2008, 01:16 PM
where has airconjon......Gone?

Springbok
17-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Ha ha ha!Nice one!I think everyoe confused airconjohn,he must have hit the road...No offence airconjohn...