PDA

View Full Version : Danfoss - ACC - Embraco - Tecumseh

Fredfrigo
15-01-2008, 01:20 AM
Which compressor brand from the title do you prefer? Why?
My feeling is that ACC and Embraco are more competitive in terms of price.
What do you think?

Andy W
15-01-2008, 08:52 AM
ACC (old electrolux) are rubbish, the quality just is not there any more particularly on R404a application, they run so hot you can smell the paint burn and you just know they are not going to last, the embracos are little work horses and take some beating for the price.

coolhibby1875
15-01-2008, 08:55 PM
i agree with andy acc compressors are that rubbish some wholesellers will not even offer a warrenty on them as for assperas/embracos they are little jems

fowlie
15-01-2008, 10:33 PM
danfoss are easiest to fit as their stubs cannot be swedged out to twice there size as seems to be the norm nowadays,but asperas are good and reliable

naturalglow
04-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Any comments on Tecumseh? What about Matsu****a and Sanyo compressors.

fridgey
06-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Agreed, ACC are rubbish, Aspera and Embaco, Danfoss are ok, but don't stand up too well in hot aussie condition +35C ambients all run hot enough to fry an egg. That's ussually because condensers aren't high ambient. Find techumseh europe compressors to be most relliable. They all don't last long if not operating within design conditions Overheating is the great destroyer though.

craigpcg
10-10-2008, 05:29 PM
ACC are absolutly pants

I put a post up a few months ago regarding acc compressor. sayin they were rubbish but ppl were asying that they had no probs with them. So i thought i was going off my head. Good to see that ppl agree now.

Id stick with danfoss or embaco.