PDA

View Full Version : rs 21 water dispenser probs

bogtrotter
14-01-2008, 11:57 PM
have no water coming out of the dispensor and have tried the following

the water tank has been heated with a hair drier as this was frozen up.

the fan inside the evaporator cover had failed this has been replaced.

thr appears to be a sill which was also frozen up> Does this indicate some sort of heater failure. the electric connectors were also frozen up.

At present fridge is working fine but will the icing up reoccur?

anyway back to dispenser problem I thought tat the valve at the back may have failed this has been replaced but has not solved the problem.

There is water fom the main feed to the valve but that is all.

When lever at the front is pressed there is no pressure and no noise of any ware trying to get through.

Is there a switch at the front which has failed if so how do you get at it and where can I orde the part?

Many questions to answer but help is needed as I am running out of ideas and patience!!!

paul_h
15-01-2008, 10:55 AM
If the water tank is icing up, then your evaporator coil or cover is icing up.
Remove the evap cover, is it heavy and iced up around the fan? If so you need a new evap cover.
If the coil is iced up thickly but the fan not so much then your defrost system is faulty, thermal fuse, coil sensor or heater element is faulty. How to diagnose these has been mentioned before.

edit Also you drain could be blocked, creating excess humidity and ice to form, use a drier to melt the most of it and keep pouring hot water from the kettle into the drain until it clears and flows (takes 45min-1hr)