PDA

View Full Version : 17 yr old Daikin.

Grizzly
10-01-2008, 08:00 PM
I heard a good one yesterday. Having condemed a 17yr old split on R22.
The customer asked if I could quote him for a reconditioned unit of the same model.
Grizzlyhttp://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif

stuartwking
10-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Ha Ha Ha Ha,Thats good it lasted so long but im sure they got there moneys worth out of the old thing!.

ksbaquoc
14-01-2008, 06:59 AM
hello Grizzly
nice to meet you, last time i worked in one company supply Daikin product, that is good product ,right

Jimbo!
14-01-2008, 08:00 AM
The fact the customer asked for the same again is testoment to how good it was I guess!

grump
14-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Hi Grizzly,Daikin entered the uk market 1976 I bought my first split from Pillinger Air (Old Vick Bone)Many of these splits are still running( as far as i know.) Pre Daikin I always used Qualitair Two ot these units are still pumping away
They are cooling a training room that does not get much use .At one one time in my career i was called by Daikin that my credit limit had reached its limit, 50K in one month, over the last 30years pre retirement I have installed a great quantity of Daikin products I could count on one hand the problems i have encountered.Quality Product+high standard installation spec.
The only on going problem was a batch of condensing fan motors manufactured in Belgium and fitted to the early VRV systems running on 407 had faulty shaft seals the ingression of water caused one of the condensing unit PCBs to blow up.
Also the smelly cooling coil issue see previous post.
With regards to that problem i think it was Chillin who removed the coil and had it sprayed with epoxy resin type paint to overcome the pong,this the best solution that has been forwarded to date,however it would have to be a very thin film to avoid problems with regards to duty air flows etc
Grump:D:D:D