PDA

View Full Version : Repairing a damaged pre-fab walk-in freezer

beachfronttech
10-01-2008, 04:45 AM
I have been asked to evaluate the possibility of replacing the evaporators in a pre-fab freezer walk-in room wich is about 12mx6mx8m. The truth is that the entire frame is moving, apparently due to the freezing of soil humidity underneath the reinforced concrete slab ( there is a topping+150mm of rigid polyurethane+vapor barrier+reinforced concrete slab). As the floor rises, so do the walls and roof, with the later one having already a crest right at the middle partition.
The evaporators are in really bad shape, although I cannot foresee much problem regarding the replacement of the units. What I`m really worried about is the possibility of worsening the current structural situation due to the stop, re-start, pull down and re-freeze of the frame. Any comments welcomed.

Mark
10-01-2008, 07:51 PM
beachfronttech

Welcome to the forum.Quote the work with your recommendations in writing.If the integrity of the structure is not sound there are a number of possible repercussions.

With Kind regards
Mark

get the gauges
13-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Can't you do one at a time ,while the one unit is still running ?,why do you have to turn both systems off ? I have put a new cooler in a freezer room with out the temp rising much above -10'c on many occassions, prep prep prep and more prep!!! mind you ,it always takes twice the time i quote :eek: :D