PDA

View Full Version : Lennox

Contactor
08-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Good evening everyone

Does anyone have any experience with Lennox packaged heat pumps and if so are they any good?

Thanks

The Viking
08-01-2008, 10:56 PM
We installed one a couple of months ago.

Time will tell but so far I'm not impressed.

-Specs/performance not as per sales rep's tales (needed control upgrade to achieve what was promised)
-1st Lennox engineer sent to site didn't know how to set it up.
-Strange arrangement with "fold out" outdoor coil on hinges to access compressors. (no flexies in the pipework so time will no doubt tell on that one)
-Lots of functions in (modified) Carel controller but a C##P manual so you have to guess on how to work it/set it up (see previous point about Lennox engineer)
-Compressors located at high level
-Controls located at high level ABOVE return air intake (you have to climb on top of the duct to get at it).

BUT...
It now actually works BETTER than expected.
And I have worked on some really old Lennox units and they do seem to work OK even after long service in harsh environments.

grump
09-01-2008, 06:55 PM
Lennox have been producing units for many years they made a packaged unit DX cooling+gas fired heating I worked on them in the 1970,s as i remember they were simple reliable easy to work on.;)

tobyprv
12-02-2008, 01:41 AM
there ok worked on quite a few. have a habbit of leaking on dischage elbow on baltics, i find them easy to work on and apart from the leaks reliable.