PDA

View Full Version : Samsung RS21DCNS, water dispenser problem

rob998
07-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Hi, my RS21DCNS isn't dispensing water. When you push the dispenser lever in there is a noise, the same noise it has always made, kind of like a solenoid operating (I'm guessing that is an electrically operated valve opening), but no water. I checked the filter (external, wall mounted) and it's flowing fine.

I looked at the water tank (in the fridge side behind the top veg drawer) and I'm pretty sure it's frozen up. It's hard to tell cos it's made of opaque plastic so you can't see whats in it very clearly, but I unscrewed it and it feels pretty heavy (compared to how you'd expect a piece of plastic that size to weigh) but there is no sloshing sound. Very scientific, I know!

The fridge compartment is set to 2 degrees, and has been since we got the fridge about 3 years ago. This is the first problem we've had.

I'm assuming that turning the fridge off overnight should defrost the tank, but I'm worried that this might be a precurser of more serious trouble.

Any ideas?

rob998
07-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Don't bother guys, it's started working again! Must have been a plug of ice in there somewhere that's melted.

The Viking
07-01-2008, 10:55 PM
You see, this board is magic.

Just mention your problem and we will have it sorted for you