PDA

View Full Version : Hello

cameronke
07-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Hello everyone!

Just registered here and hoping for some suggestions regarding sourcing an air conditioning unit for our DNA printer.

About me; I live on the West Coast of Scotland in an idylic spot with a lighthouse at the bottom of my garden and surrounded on three sides by the sea. Totally mad about sailing!!!! I work during the week in Edinburgh designing a bio-tech printer that prints DNA to make microarrays. These are really clever bits of kit used in genetic expression ie. figuring out what genes in DNA are doing what. This might be figuring out what errant DNA code is causing a cancer as cancer is really just a genetic anomolly . Cant say I fully understand the detail as I am a mech engineer that has picked up a little biology jargon.

Regards
Cameron

Josip
07-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Hi, cameronke :)

Welcome to RE forums...

Hello everyone!

Just registered here and hoping for some suggestions regarding sourcing an air conditioning unit for our DNA printer.

About me; I live on the West Coast of Scotland in an idylic spot with a lighthouse at the bottom of my garden and surrounded on three sides by the sea. Totally mad about sailing!!!! I work during the week in Edinburgh designing a bio-tech printer that prints DNA to make microarrays. These are really clever bits of kit used in genetic expression ie. figuring out what genes in DNA are doing what. This might be figuring out what errant DNA code is causing a cancer as cancer is really just a genetic anomolly . Cant say I fully understand the detail as I am a mech engineer that has picked up a little biology jargon.

Regards
Cameron

Sounds very interesting...kind of new science....nano-scale printing.....

Cannot help too much about required A/C unit, but maybe you should tell us more about climate you need for your printer...someone here should be able to help more...

Best regards, Josip :)

nike123
07-01-2008, 05:04 PM
Just before you start asking questions, try in Google search for "close control" air conditioning, and than, maybe questions could be easier to you and to us.;)

cameronke
08-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Thankyou very much for the welcome folks!:)

I will take Nike123s advice and check out "close control air conditioning" first so that I can hopefully ask some slightly more intelligent questions.

Best regards
Cameron