PDA

View Full Version : Pics of your service truck.

Will
07-01-2008, 12:28 AM
So what do you guys work out of ?

Here's mine.
Beings everything I work on is a on chassi, I need the height.
(it never see's the road, so being legal isn't necessary.)

http://www84.pair.com/waw/Mine/232A.jpg

http://www84.pair.com/waw/Mine/232B.jpg

absolute-zero
07-01-2008, 12:43 AM
So what do you guys work out of ?

Here's mine.
Beings everything I work on is a on chassi, I need the height.
(it never see's the road, so being legal isn't necessary.)

http://www84.pair.com/waw/Mine/232A.jpg

http://www84.pair.com/waw/Mine/232B.jpg

Will, that truck is friggen awsome buddy....:cool:

I want one justy like it bro.:D

I need mine road worthy thoough.

Is that a platform on the top of this monstert to get to the Geneset nose mount clip-ons?

the only thing its missing is a set of hydraulic forks to remove units and or gensets.

Keep up the good work dude:D

A-Z

Will
07-01-2008, 02:10 AM
No, thankfully I don't have to mess with gensets.

99.9% of the time they are already removed before being parked in the yard.

absolute-zero
07-01-2008, 03:51 AM
No, thankfully I don't have to mess with gensets.

99.9% of the time they are already removed before being parked in the yard.

How do you service the containers with out power? When i was servicing container units, i found most of the problems were due to irregular voltage from genset.

I was servicing the gensets as frequently as the container refrigeration unit.

TK and Carrier under slung gensets were especially my favorites to service. especially with rotating rectifier access. TK and or carrier clip on gensets were not that accessible to the rectifier assy with out pulling the engine and main alternator away from the fuel tank.

Have you tinkerd with gensets at all, if so have you played wth the new TK SG+?

Is your service truck equipped with a generator with 3 phase 230 / 460 vac.

Regards A-Z

Will
07-01-2008, 04:19 AM
Each unit has a 60' extension cord (when they're not stolen) and the rows they get parked in have power bunkers in the rear.

We've have another crew that work on the gensets.

No genset in this truck, although I do have an 3-phase extension cord just like the containers. It runs a stepdown transformer so I can run vac pump, air compressor and extra lights and heat.

absolute-zero
07-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Each unit has a 60' extension cord (when they're not stolen) and the rows they get parked in have power bunkers in the rear.

We've have another crew that work on the gensets.

No genset in this truck, although I do have an 3-phase extension cord just like the containers. It runs a stepdown transformer so I can run vac pump, air compressor and extra lights and heat.

I had dual transformer i took from an old junk unit, I used mine as step up from the power from my shop 230 vac to 460 vac.

looks like you got a good thing there will

Abby Normal
07-01-2008, 01:04 PM
That is the smallest job site office I have ever seen

absolute-zero
07-01-2008, 02:08 PM
Speaking of high voltage, I remebr back maybe 6 years ago i was working in a Kodak distribution center, on a CRR 40 for a not cooling complaint.

It turned out the unit power cord plug end was burnt, along with the wires.

I was working in the service truck taking the receptacle apart,,,,, form out of no where the sky went black, and lightning storm moved in. I ddint see the lightning because i was inside the back of my service truck with the doors down, but had the units power cord inside with me making the repairs.

Next thing i rember I was calling back to shop because i couldnt figure out what happened dis oriented, and as i came through, i remeber seeing a big flash of light all around the receptacle, which mind you was not plugged in to the genset, I am not sure if the container was hit with lightning or maybe thre trailer next to it, But I think if i had been standing out on the ground when that happened, i wouldnt be hear writing in this thread.;)

GREAT SCOTT 121 JIGAWATTS!!!!!!!!!

Regards A-Z

Abby Normal
07-01-2008, 04:19 PM
look like you could back it up to a site office made out of a 40 foot container

nike123
07-01-2008, 04:48 PM
I saw that picture maybe year ago on other forum (Hvac -talk I think) and always wandered why is it so high and "ugly". Now, I know.;)

Will
08-01-2008, 02:50 AM
(Hvac -talk I think)Yup, one of my other hang outs.