PDA

View Full Version : humidity inside refrigerant circuit

sakly
05-01-2008, 01:09 AM
hi
in a R404A refrigerant circuit , the high rate of humidity 900ppm could induce the formation of ice beans located inside the elbow of evaporator operating at -30°c. ( the phenomenon is called ice bean effect). The situation could lead to create a big force on the elbow and then leakage on the welding.
Do you think this situation is so probable?

nike123
05-01-2008, 01:24 AM
It is more likely that, before that occurs, you end up with capillary tube or TEV blocked by ice.
Correct me if I am getting something wrong here.

The Viking
05-01-2008, 01:55 AM
And with modern refrigerants/oils, an acidic oil mixture that eaten the windings resulting in a burnout.

hendry
09-01-2008, 08:10 AM
yeah .. mos cases, high moisture content in refrigeration piping will cause immediate chockages at high flow low pressure areas ... expansion valves & solenoid valves.

that will be good signs & symptoms for immediate remedies. cheers

Fri3Oil System
13-04-2010, 09:15 AM
hi,

yes, the biggest problem you will finally have in the mid term is a more than probable burn out, due to the acidity in the circuit.

I recomend you to clean it properly, recycling the 404A, and flushing correctly the circuit with the correct system.

Denco Technical
13-04-2010, 10:41 AM
hi
in a R404A refrigerant circuit , the high rate of humidity 900ppm could induce the formation of ice beans located inside the elbow of evaporator operating at -30°c. ( the phenomenon is called ice bean effect). The situation could lead to create a big force on the elbow and then leakage on the welding.
Do you think this situation is so probable?

Are you sure its moisture, as per the previous posters you would have serious blockages first.

Is the system new? reason i ask is a few years ago i read a piece about a coil manufacture using a cleaning/flushing agent when making the coil, if this agent was not totally removed and the coil was flushed with refrigerant (I.E used with-in the month) the cleaning agent used to eat its way through the copper (i think they called it copper worm) it was noted that it only happened when the coil had been stood for a few months with residues of the cleaning agent still in it.

Fri3Oil System
13-04-2010, 12:12 PM
inserting cleaning agents, solvents, base substances is inserting more dirt and residues difficult to extract afterwards in the circuits.
It is better to clean porplerly the system with the same refrigerant from the equipment.