PDA

View Full Version : Change BRC1D528 for X10 Thermostat

creible
05-01-2008, 12:24 AM
Hello,

I have an Daikin Inverter FBQ100B (indoor unit) RZQ100B (outdoor unit) air conditioning with wired remote controller BRC1D528. I am doing some changes with X10 domotic elements and find the RCS TX16B Thermostat. My wired remote controller have 2 wires to indoor unit, but RCS TX16B have 4 wires from Wall Display Unit to Thermostat Control Unit (with X10 control), and 8 wires from Thermostat Control Unit to HVAC system.

Is that possible?

Thanks.

Brian_UK
05-01-2008, 12:38 AM
I believe that that RCS controller is intended for the old Carrier 4 wire wiring schemes which switch voltages directly.

Your Daikin unit uses a serial data stream down the two wires and is not compatible.

Krondor
05-01-2008, 01:05 PM
Hi,

It might be possible, however, you'll need an additional converter. Then you will be able to replace Daikin's BRC1D with an RCS thermostat.

creible
06-01-2008, 02:24 PM
What is that type of converter? How can I find converters of data send?

Krondor
07-01-2008, 12:12 PM
What is that type of converter? How can I find converters of data send?

Its not a standard converter. There is a company that developes and manufactures special controls and converters for vrv/vrf systems. They have some standard products, and they can develop controls on specific user demand. If you PM me i can provide you with more detailes about the company.

frank
07-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Hello,

I have an Daikin Inverter FBQ100B (indoor unit) RZQ100B (outdoor unit) air conditioning with wired remote controller BRC1D528. I am doing some changes with X10 domotic elements and find the RCS TX16B Thermostat. My wired remote controller have 2 wires to indoor unit, but RCS TX16B have 4 wires from Wall Display Unit to Thermostat Control Unit (with X10 control), and 8 wires from Thermostat Control Unit to HVAC system.

Is that possible?

Thanks.
What are you trying to do with the X10? that the standard Daikin controller can't?
It is possible to buy Daikin add-on PCB's for various tasks. Maybe one of these would do the same as the X10