PDA

View Full Version : Electrical training / Advice

Contactor
04-01-2008, 11:08 PM
Hello Everyone:D

I am about to fork out over £1500 to complete a wiring regs course (17th ed.), part P registration and P.A.T. with a training centre in Aylesbury

Has anyone been on similar courses and care to comment on the quality of the training? Recommendations welcome. (Will travel)..

Also how relevant did you find it and was it worth the cost?

I have reasonable theoretical knowledge but need more help with the up-to date wiring regs / rules / installation procedures etc etc... :eek:

I hear the 17th edition allows sockets in bathrooms (RDC protected, 3m from bath)...:confused:

Thanks

Andy W
07-01-2008, 08:25 PM
I am waiting for my local college to enrol for the 17th edition course, 12 weeks, 2 hours each class, I have previously done the 15th & 16th edition, it is not difficult at all and not as expensive as £1500!

I may do my PAT test and inspection & test again as it was some years ago and you soon forget if you are not doing it regularly.

Peter.Bayliss
08-01-2008, 04:30 PM
'17th edition course, 12 weeks, 2 hours each class'
this is for new people to the 17th edition, old timer can do an shorter course to update them .

see you local college.

Andy W
08-01-2008, 05:02 PM
'17th edition course, 12 weeks, 2 hours each class'
this is for new people to the 17th edition, old timer can do an shorter course to update them .

see you local college.Yes I know that I can do a 4 week 2 hour course to update from 16th to 17th but as I do not work in the regs on a daily basis and have probably forgotten a huge amount I thought it may be more beneficial to sit the entire course again, besides I like learning.:D Thanks anyway Peter.