PDA

View Full Version : York Compressor

Carlos100
03-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Hello,

I am trying to get hold of a stripdown manual for a York recipricating compressor PC431 P 5046 SD. Any information much apreciated

Thanks

neil74
07-01-2008, 09:17 PM
l would try your local york parts dept, if you only want to carry out a top end overhaul l think if you order a top end kit you get info including torque settings etc.
But if you want to go further ie crank out etc you'll probably better off with a manual.
hope this helps.

GHAZ
09-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Hello carlos 100 it is very hard to get hold of manuals for refrigeration compressors in the uk, don,t no why. If you need any info on how to rebuild or strip york recipe models or any problems with them just post it on the forum and i will be happy to help,

Fridge Mac
10-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Hi, Carlos I am not familiar with that model is it a open drive unit for ammonia I have RC manual let me know
Thanks
Fridge Mac

ced
11-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Hi Carlos 100, I've got one doc about semi hermetic compressors but i don't know how to put the PDF file...
CED

Carlos100
14-01-2008, 12:00 AM
Thanks for your intrest

Apparantly there is no such info ,but York have furnished me with illustrated parts information

This compressor is a semi hermetic on a packaged chiller.

I have one compressor which will not load, Loading solenoid energises/de-energises but compressor amperage will not increase. Suspected there is a fault with oil solenoid valve or cylinder loading valve itself possibly as compressor does not often run loaded.

Difficult client seems to want to know the answer without letting us investigate. Does anyone know if this is a common fault and how difficult this could end up?

Thanks

Grizzly
14-01-2008, 12:53 AM
Carlos.
Tell the customer that without his permission to investigate you can't possibly diagnose a cause.
There are plenty to choose from.
Low Oil Pressure for various reasons.
Damaged valve plates, when was it last serviced.
I could list several other possibilities. But I won't
If the customer wants answers then tell him to let you investigate.
Grizzly