PDA

View Full Version : may tag refrigerator starting problem

wouellet
02-01-2008, 07:29 PM
I need some help, I have a may tag bottom freezer/refrigerator and I heard a buzzing sound then a click sound. My amp meter was reading 9 amps at the compressor feed when the buzzing sound occurred.
The compressor was not starting, so I checked the ptc relay and the connections. I put everything back and the compressor started. Three days later the same thing happened. So I replaced the ptc relay with a new one and three day later again. The compressor LRA 14.5 A and running amps is 1.4 A.

Thanks Bill

The Viking
02-01-2008, 07:39 PM
I heard a buzzing sound then a click sound.

My amp meter was reading 9 amps at the compressor feed when the buzzing sound occurred.

The compressor was not starting

Three days later the same thing happened. So I replaced the ptc relay with a new one and three day later again.

The compressor LRA 14.5 A and running amps is 1.4 A.

During these 3+3 days, did the unit keep the (right) temperature?

The quoted running amps (1.4 Amp), is that marked or measured?

What's the winding resistances?

wouellet
02-01-2008, 08:40 PM
The Temp was fine and the amps were marked and measured at 1.4 amps. But when this problem occurred it was reading 9 amps. The ptc relay also had a run capacitor plugged into it. I only replaced the ptc relay.
I am not home to measure the windings.
What do you think?
Also could that run capacitor be causing the problem?
About 3 t0 4 hours of leaving the refrigerator unplugged it starts and so far 1 day has past and its running fine.

adrain
22-12-2009, 09:15 AM
i have daewoo f/freezer, the start capacitor blown, replaced the capacitor but it seems no power to capacitor plz help