PDA

View Full Version : Cold room Info????

frgtech
29-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Hi guys
Can someone tell me how to calculate the size of a compressor and an evaporator to use in a cold room and in a freezer room, i only have the size of both of them, i need to calculate the size of the evaporator and compressor hp. to be needed thanks, and keep up the good work

monkey spanners
29-12-2007, 05:38 PM
Hi frgtech,

It depends on a lot of things.
Size of the room.
What are the walls, roof and floor made of?
How many lights, are there going to be people/forklifts working in the room?
What are you putting in the room?
How much is going in at a time?
What temperatue is it going in at?
What is the desired storage temperature?
How quick do you want it cooled?
How often is the door opened?
Where is the room sited, solar gain etc?
Any special humidity requirements?
Does the evaporator need any special coatings, or to be stainless steel? e.g. maggots etc giving off amonia will disolve a copper evaporator in no time.
What refrigerant do you plan to use?
Does the condesing unit need to be a low noise type if its to be sited nere housing?

I usualy get the wholesalers technical department to size and specify the equipment when i'm quoting.

Jon

frgtech
29-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Thanks monkey spanners i will check these things, but this is only a small freezer room used in a restaurant in Malta, they will keep meat in about -18 to -20degrees

smpsmp45
01-01-2008, 05:42 PM
We used to do such jobs earlier & were putting up 7.5 HP units for 850 cft of room volume. If you go to the hotel guy & keep asking him all the details on products etc, the job can never come up as he can not give all the info needed. You may have to assume some parameters & install this unit.( we were using Zanotti make BAS 235T units then)

Edwin
01-01-2008, 08:17 PM
You may want to check out software programs such as elitesoft. It will probably go more in depth then you want though.