PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for Economical small fridge

Bobby Ewing
29-12-2007, 12:47 PM
I am considering buying a small refrigerator with a top freezer compartment (see other post about Mistral Plus) and wondered if anyone could recommend a reliable model to choose?
Thank you,
Andrew

taz24
29-12-2007, 01:54 PM
I am considering buying a small refrigerator with a top freezer compartment (see other post about Mistral Plus) and wondered if anyone could recommend a reliable model to choose?
Thank you,
Andrew

They are all as good or as bad as each other.

If it was me I would go for a fridge freezer that has the least bells and whistles atached.

Just get a basic model, get the best one for energy efficiency but apart fromthat get the simplest cheapest one you can find.

The way domestic fridge freezers are designed and built, in 2,3,4,5 maybe evan 6 or 7 years away when it fails then the cost of repair may be more than it is worth.
So buy the cheapest, simplest one available.

When they offer you extended warentee get them to explain what exactly is covered.
They will offer extended warentee for 3 years maybe so thats 2 years after the normal warentee.
Ask if it will cover repairs to refrigerant leaks, compressor changes and controlers if fitted.

Unfortunatly in my opinion they are all as good or as bad as each other

Cheers taz.