PDA

View Full Version : TK problems the same worldwide

gravy258
27-12-2007, 02:49 AM
hi all I've been working on mainly TK units in Australia for over three years now. Previosly being a diesel mechanic.
Here are the day to day issues that affect the things here and probably where you are too?

1- X430 / X426 LS + SS compressor back oil pump/bearing housing wearing away causing end float/alloy metallic in oil pump and premature shaft seal failure. This problem seems to spread across the range from old ****ters to SR2 controlled later units. There is talk of a cast/metal housing?

2 - Excessive black sludge accumalation in R404A TX valve screen (off copper pipes) after 10,000 hours, (with no history of compressor failure) Caused by R404a being a 'scrubber' gas? Mainly on high capacity SB units with recip compressor.

3 - MPVI sensor code alarms, due to an internal fault in micro. Anybody know how to repair the micro? Theres a guy here who does it, but charges accordingly.

4 - TS500 throttling valve spring failure at 20,000+ hours. Due to corrosion and snapping of spring.(rubber boot intact)

5 - Spectrum SB hot gas valve failure after 20,000 hours. Causing heating and cooling in demand cool.

6 - Engine oil leaks

the consensus is that Thermo King are designed to consume a lot of parts and a lot of maintenance. Parts are very expensive in comparison to Carrier. Carriers as a whole require only routine maintenance and are very reliable over here.

and for Carrier:

1 - rare 05G head gasket failure
2 - occasional gearbox oil leak

absolute-zero
27-12-2007, 06:57 PM
hi all I've been working on mainly TK units in Australia for over three years now. Previosly being a diesel mechanic.
Here are the day to day issues that affect the things here and probably where you are too?

1- X430 / X426 LS + SS compressor back oil pump/bearing housing wearing away causing end float/alloy metallic in oil pump and premature shaft seal failure. This problem seems to spread across the range from old ****ters to SR2 controlled later units. There is talk of a cast/metal housing?

Here is a list of changes of improvements that i know of.

Thermo King will be going to a C5 front main bearing and a cast iron oil pump housing in Q2 of 2007

Front bearing bore will be Smaller
Front compressor bearing will be changed from a C3 to a C5 internal bearing clearance
The bearing bore in the crankcase will be reduced in size from 3.9355 to 3.9332 inches.
The maximum allowable crankshaft end play for the C5 compressor has also been reduced from .047 to .010 inch
To allow for shaft expansion, the rear pump housing will be changed to cast iron This will allow the crank shaft and pump cover to expand at the same rate
Interchangeability:

New compressor front main bearings can fit in old compressor body's but is not recommended.
Old bearings must not be used in the new body.
New cast iron pump housing cannot be used in old compressor bodies.
Aluminum pump housings must not be used in new compressor bodies. 2 - Excessive black sludge accumalation in R404A TX valve screen (off copper pipes) after 10,000 hours, (with no history of compressor failure) Caused by R404a being a 'scrubber' gas? Mainly on high capacity SB units with recip compressor.

I have seen this problem but it is mostly caused from poor service practices, for an example not achieving evacuation levels of 500 microns or less, Must keep in mind when servicing a unit that employs a POE oil, POE/PAG oils are Hydroscopic, meaning it like to absorb moisture like a sponge, moisture is can be allowed in many ways, adding oil, lowside leaks to atmosphere, evacuationg with out the service caps on the service valves. This contamination cause the sytem to run hotter and starts causing Hydroflouric acids that start breaking down the oil. as the oil breaks down it becomes a contaminate in the sytem.

3 - MPVI sensor code alarms, due to an internal fault in micro. Anybody know how to repair the micro? Theres a guy here who does it, but charges accordingly.

Most internal fault codes are directly related to S/W
instructions or also known as the Eprom. There was a case where the chips in older MPVI would go corupt under low voltage conditions like a battery going dead, TK revised this problem with a 4032 revision to correct that problem.
Note if you indentified old s/w before the chip went bad you could have just flash loaded it with 4032 or higher, to prevent the chip from failing. The current S/W now is 4050 for MPVI.

4 - TS500 throttling valve spring failure at 20,000+ hours. Due to corrosion and snapping of spring.(rubber boot intact)
This has been a rare occasion of that happening here.

I know Tk Has updated the Bellows to improve reliability. So far i have not seen any failures that were not isolated.

5 - Spectrum SB hot gas valve failure after 20,000 hours. Causing heating and cooling in demand cool.
That sound about right for failure. Nothing lasts forever

6 - Engine oil leaks
How old are the engines? did you update the PCV to a NPV sytem?

the consensus is that Thermo King are designed to consume a lot of parts and a lot of maintenance. Parts are very expensive in comparison to Carrier. Carriers as a whole require only routine maintenance and are very reliable over here.

CTC equipment is a 10,000-12000 hr unit here in my region, and then its junk. Have alot of problems with wiring harness, compressor failures on Ultra fresh units, at 7500 hrs, SV3 and SV4 valves failing intermittenly are usually the route cause if not the dicharge check valve. Condesors are notoriouse for cracking at anytime in there life, compressor unloaders, vibrasorbers, fuel usage at 2500hrs increases dramatically, the unit frame rot to a point where the engine and compressor fall out of them. either on the tractor or ground, gear box, speed solenoids fail all the time, fleets here will change these 2 or 3 times in the units life. And the list is getting bigger.

I think CTC makes a great container unit and vehicle powered unit.

and for Carrier:

1 - rare 05G head gasket failure
2 - occasional gearbox oil leak

It is probably just a global region thing i guess.

gravy258
28-12-2007, 02:25 AM
thanks for the fast reply. The MPVI issue isn't software related. Most of the fault codes were a code 4. This continually reappeared no matter what you did. After re wiring the sensor and replacing the sensor, and cold starting the micro, still the same. It makes the TK dealer look like a fool as the fault reoccurs after a few days. A new or repaired micro is the fix. Refitting the existing Eprom. These were on 4041 rev.

Doesn't anybody make a aftermarket cast back housing for the X430. The improvements sound promising.

The failed spring on the throttling valve is due to moisture ingress via the atmosphere hole. The spring just corrodes away and snaps. How can replacing the bellows stop this? One customer has a fleet of twelve TS500s for icecream. The whole fleets springs failed within a year.

The engines that tend to leak oil are all of them. This is due in part to the EMI filters claim of 3000 hours between oil changes, causing all the seals to go hard.
Most engine oils don't seem able to go that distance. The CTC Kubotas don't seem to have the same problem

We don't have cold winters here in Australia so no salt and no corrosion problems really. Old age eventaully rots out the evap compartment, which is good because if this didn't happen the units would never get replaced. The CTC do seem to have a problem with the evap frame cracking but not very common.

I've never achieved a evacuation below 500 microns. Time is always the issue. The TK trainer advised that below 2000 microns was acceptable. I aim for about 800 microns or less. Your diagnose sounds correct. A lot of these units have had throttling valve failures, and as there always in a rush to get them back on the road, correct practices haven't been followed.

absolute-zero
28-12-2007, 08:08 AM
thanks for the fast reply. The MPVI issue isn't software related. Most of the fault codes were a code 4. This continually reappeared no matter what you did. After re wiring the sensor and replacing the sensor, and cold starting the micro, still the same. It makes the TK dealer look like a fool as the fault reoccurs after a few days. A new or repaired micro is the fix. Refitting the existing Eprom. These were on 4041 rev.

Doesn't anybody make a aftermarket cast back housing for the X430. The improvements sound promising.

The failed spring on the throttling valve is due to moisture ingress via the atmosphere hole. The spring just corrodes away and snaps. How can replacing the bellows stop this? One customer has a fleet of twelve TS500s for icecream. The whole fleets springs failed within a year.

The engines that tend to leak oil are all of them. This is due in part to the EMI filters claim of 3000 hours between oil changes, causing all the seals to go hard.
Most engine oils don't seem able to go that distance. The CTC Kubotas don't seem to have the same problem

We don't have cold winters here in Australia so no salt and no corrosion problems really. Old age eventaully rots out the evap compartment, which is good because if this didn't happen the units would never get replaced. The CTC do seem to have a problem with the evap frame cracking but not very common.

I've never achieved a evacuation below 500 microns. Time is always the issue. The TK trainer advised that below 2000 microns was acceptable. I aim for about 800 microns or less. Your diagnose sounds correct. A lot of these units have had throttling valve failures, and as there always in a rush to get them back on the road, correct practices haven't been followed.

So you are seeing only the discharge air sensor code,on MP VI, I was under the impression you were having lots of issues, 4041 software is good, should have no problems with that. I know on Multitemp micro IV if you see alarms codes for all the analog sensors, it is mainly due to a problem with the discharge pressure tranducer, as it is the starting point of the 5vdc reference for all the sensors and if the transducer shorts to CH or fails intermittenly it will cause all sensors to not work thus causing alarms for each and every sensor. Do you make sure the micro perifrial seal is installed to assure a good tight fit from vibration? I have found on older MP units if tyhis seal is not installed, the sensor pins work back and forth till the finish is worn off on the old style pins, this has caused resistance to increase in the sensors harness , and caused sensor codes. I have heard that australia air is full of dry dust and dirt, it is possible that this dust and dirt migrates into the controller micro pins and increases the ability to lap off the finish.

Changing the bellows will not help a spring from breaking, again you said that these springs were breaking around 20,000+ hrs, and now you have made mention with in one year. It is impossible to accumulate 20,000 hrs in one year, as there is only 8,760 hrs in a year. If you are seeing failures in one year of operation, you should get a hold of the dealer for policy or TWA. They can deal with district service manger to see what is going on with them.

It is not common here to see these springs break, however I have seen these spriings weaken to point of losing 20+psi.

I do not know of anyone producing the cast oil pump housings. TK will have a patent on that for a while, im sure someone will eventually come up with something similiar.

Engine oil leaks seem to have been a problem a few years ago especialy with Isuzu DI/ SE engines, front and rear engine main seals, cam plug seals, crank case seals, and yes i have found that the o-rings or rubber seals had dried and hardened, this was mostly due to the ultra low sulfer diesel fuel we use here, Engine oil leak problem went away for the most part when TK changed positive crankcase pressure control to negative crankcase pressure control, I still see yanmar tier ones leaking around the injection pump seals and o-rings. but not as bad as it used to be.

I understand about fixing units in hurry and sometimes this causes very neglectfull ways, You are not the only one i hear say this, if you try and get to it but dont quite succedd, and the next tech does the same thing and the tech after him, this is what happens, the system slowly deteriates, to compressor failure or sludged up txv, check valves, solenoid valves, threeway valves, and so on.

Regards, A-Z

bentk32
28-12-2007, 08:25 AM
Don't forget to add cracked fuel lines and water pumps absoulte-zero...lol.

absolute-zero
28-12-2007, 06:50 PM
Cracked fuel return hoses are due to the fuel here as well, and tk units are not the only victims to this, anything that ran on diesel trucks, cars, tractors all sufferd this aftermath when the fuel was introduced and implimented. TK has now offered a hose return kit that will hold up to the new fuel.

Water pump failure, again is due to poor mainteance for an example, Belts tighten down to tight, Topping off covential coolant systems with extended life, coolant. these materials in these older water pumps prior to Extended life coolant, were not compatiable with the ELC coolant.

Again there is a process of educating people the effects of poor practices.

Regards A-Z

gravy258
29-12-2007, 02:01 AM
hello again. What I meant with the TS500 was approaching 20,000 hours of unit life. This is about five years of operation in this case. Its funny to see the same fleet with the same units all the same age go throught the same problems all within a short space of time. First they went thru alternators, then they all dug grooves in the alloy idlers, then all the fleets water pumps leaked, then just when the customer thought he was clear, the springs snap in the throttling valves.

The dust isn't really a problem so much. The plugs working loose is more a problem in truck mounted units as they vibrate more especially in low speed. The lack of rainfall here does mean dust accumalates more in the condensor.

They have low sulphur diesel here. Only came out in 2002. The fuel injection shops were rubbing there hands together in glee, awaiting all the leaking fuel pumps. The fuel return hoses need replacing every 10K hours according to TK.

The job over here doesn't pay that great, its seen as the bottom end of the trade and most commercial fridgies wouldn't want to get there hands that dirty. The TK dealer I used to work for would virtually give anyone a go, they were that desperate. The rectification rates were terrible. Transport as a whole in Australia doesn't pay that great, from the cost of haulage to what they pay drivers, mechanics etc..
I don't know why as theres no competition from cheaper countries like elsewhere.

Thermo kings warranty was never rock solid, they preffered to wait till things stuffed up rather than recall. And any problem that could be charged out to the customer - do it. Like the stop solenoids with the blue insulation. Or Spectrum SB throttling valves set up incorrect at factory. Shush don't tell them..

absolute-zero
31-12-2007, 01:02 AM
TK has introduced a new enigne mount desing to eliminate all the exceesive vibration,

There is a open campaign on it here in the US as of right this moment.

They are going from a 3 point engine mount design to 4 point engine mount design.

This is at the full expense of TK. and zero to the customer.

The bulletin is publicated through a TK dealer.

Now on the pay scale stuff, that is too bad that the reefer guys there are not paid well. It is actually the opposite here, the commercial refrigeration guys here are around 40-50k us a year and the reefer techs are around 60k-70k us a year. Here in the US there are many HVACR techs for stationary and residential,
and not many reefer techs in comparison. To find and retain a reefer tech here in the us is almost impossible in my region.

A-Z

Will
31-12-2007, 08:10 PM
6 - Engine oil leaks
And then to top it off, they paint the damn thing black !

A bit of 'glow dye' oil treatment helps for the hard to find leaks

gravy258
31-12-2007, 11:33 PM
nice one Will. They should make a bottom oil absorbent bottom cover for all SBII's and III's. Most oil leaks aren't that serious. When I worked on trucks the 'if it drips on the ground fix it' rule applied. Most operators are more worried about there heap of junk 'Mad Max movie extra' fridge leaving a few oily marks down the front wall.

The pay scale also reflects what they charge out to the customer. The repair shops around here for reefers generally charge out US$68(AUS$75) per hour. To get your car repaired at a swanky dealer costs about US$90 an hour. For a HVAC guy to install and commision a split air con in your house costs about US$450 and generally takes them about two hours.(this doesn't include the electrician to run power to it). So that'd be $225 an hour charged out.
What they pay us is US$45k to $55k (the latter if you become the qualified/on call/can do slave) . The average wage here is about $45k anyway. One of the guys was working in the UK for an agency doing the same job it payed only US$24(UKP15) an hour.
Theres a desperate shortage of reefer techs and skilled tradespeople as a whole, worldwide.

The four mount system now in use in the states. Does that involve converting the snubber mount at the back battery side? The TK dealers here are secretive and don't like to share info. So we don't get to hear about issues going on.
What software updates are you on over there for the SR2. 6511 is the one in use here.

cheers guys and happy new year 2007! we rolled ours in with a 105F(42c)ambient condensor hosing day !!

Will
01-01-2008, 01:18 AM
Gravy, I use to work for both Thermoking and Carrier Transicold dealers and finally had enough of thier "pay scale".

Do your self a favor and head for the ports, you won't regret it.

absolute-zero
02-01-2008, 09:23 PM
nice one Will. They should make a bottom oil absorbent bottom cover for all SBII's and III's. Most oil leaks aren't that serious. When I worked on trucks the 'if it drips on the ground fix it' rule applied. Most operators are more worried about there heap of junk 'Mad Max movie extra' fridge leaving a few oily marks down the front wall.

The pay scale also reflects what they charge out to the customer. The repair shops around here for reefers generally charge out US$68(AUS$75) per hour. To get your car repaired at a swanky dealer costs about US$90 an hour. For a HVAC guy to install and commision a split air con in your house costs about US$450 and generally takes them about two hours.(this doesn't include the electrician to run power to it). So that'd be $225 an hour charged out.
What they pay us is US$45k to $55k (the latter if you become the qualified/on call/can do slave) . The average wage here is about $45k anyway. One of the guys was working in the UK for an agency doing the same job it payed only US$24(UKP15) an hour.
Theres a desperate shortage of reefer techs and skilled tradespeople as a whole, worldwide.

The four mount system now in use in the states. Does that involve converting the snubber mount at the back battery side? The TK dealers here are secretive and don't like to share info. So we don't get to hear about issues going on.
What software updates are you on over there for the SR2. 6511 is the one in use here.

cheers guys and happy new year 2007! we rolled ours in with a 105F(42c)ambient condensor hosing day !!

I wish I lived near a port, Will is right, there is good money in that raquet if your a good technician.

The Snubber mount remains the same, I am not sure if the camapaign bulletin is here just in the North america or if it is world wide. I do have a bulletin number or maybe if you pm me with your email i can email the bulletin to you.

Software here in North america is as followed

SR2 single temp trailer units:
Base Controller S/W rev B007
HMI Cargo Watch S/W rev 6512/6612
IBOX S/W rev 5308

SR2 Multitemps
Base Controller S/W rev C000
HMI Cargo Watch S/W rev 6512/6612
Ibox the 5308

MPVI S/W rev 4050
MPVI for SB400 4320

MPIV mutitemp s/w rev 2050

Truck Unit
TS Spectrum
Base controller S/W rev 2504
HMI controller 6507/6607

UPT MD100 - TS600 S/W rev 1564

Language support is the only differnce in the HMI 65XX/66XX

Wintrac 4.5 or higher is needed to communicate with SR2 MT

Current Wintrac Version is 4.6

And you also have a happy new year

A-Z

gravy258
05-01-2008, 06:01 AM
Thanks A-Z. We've been trying to get a copy of 6512 and 4050 for some time now. The TK dealers here don't like to share. Does anyone have a copy they'd like to share. Please PM it to me. Were still on 6504! (the dealers have 6507,6511)

thanks

Paul

Will
05-01-2008, 06:25 AM
PM it to me.Turn your PM on.

absolute-zero
05-01-2008, 06:30 AM
first you need to turn your pm on gravy.:cool:

gravy258
05-01-2008, 09:54 AM
yeh sorry guys took some figuring out that one. It should be working now.

absolute-zero
05-01-2008, 07:12 PM
As I read through this thread I couldnt beleive what i was reading in regards to CTC and TK comparison.

For an example below:

I have been doing service training for one of my customers, they have a mixed fleet of both CTC and TK single temps and multi-temps, (DE). Some of these units are older than 15 years old with more than 40, engine run hrs, the newest units are spectrum SR-2 (DE).

I have yet to find one TK unit in this fleet with OIL leaks, shaft seal leaks, fuel leaks and any other problems that you mention in prior thread.

Some do have there manteance issues but not to the extremes, as mentioned in this thread.

All of there CTC units in this fleet are less than 10 years old and with an aver run hr life of 9k-12k hrs.
These units are all out of service due to the cost to get them repaired if repairable. This paticular customer does not see any value in repairing them, due to frames are rotted out compressors, condensors, martinators, angle drive jack shafts, exhaust sytems, along with that, they perforemed a fuel test and found the tk unit consumes less fuel over the course of its life.

They are now remopving these units for road safety reasons, and chopping them into small peices to send to metal scrappers and recyclers. Ifr the trailer that the CTC unit proves to be worn out and not worth fixing, they will just drive the whole thing to the scrap recycling center.

Apparently here the CTC units hold more value as junk and only hold value in copper, aluminum, steel
and not as fully functional unit.

Maybe if interested in these units you can make an offer to have them exported over there, for your use.

You know the old saying one mans junk is anothers treasure.:D

A-Z

gravy258
06-01-2008, 02:59 AM
Its not really about a comparison between the two manufacturers. All I was asking is if the issues that occur here are common worldwide. Its not about saying which is the best. They both have there good and bad points.
I tend to work more on the Thermo King product so perhaps i'm being a bit too partial as seeing too many units with the same defects. The fleet I work on is about 70/30 TK/CTC. Prior to this I worked at the TK dealer for three years. As to which is the better unit, thats a debate that will continue for ever, and who cares. Drivers say CTC's are too noisy. TK's are noisy too, but its a different pitch.
All I was hoping for in this post was your experiences.

cheers

Gravy

absolute-zero
06-01-2008, 03:46 AM
Its not really about a comparison between the two manufacturers. All I was asking is if the issues that occur here are common worldwide. Its not about saying which is the best. They both have there good and bad points.
I tend to work more on the Thermo King product so perhaps i'm being a bit too partial as seeing too many units with the same defects. The fleet I work on is about 70/30 TK/CTC. Prior to this I worked at the TK dealer for three years. As to which is the better unit, thats a debate that will continue for ever, and who cares. Drivers say CTC's are too noisy. TK's are noisy too, but its a different pitch.
All I was hoping for in this post was your experiences.

cheers

Gravy

You know Gravy,

The carrier Vector is getting alot of hype here in the US. Do you have those there in Australia?

There is alot of technology in that unit.

I just cant see how carrier utilizes a diesel engine to convert to electrical power to make this unit work, and in the same breathe say it saves on fuel along with more efficient.

It would seem, that when it takes 1 type of energy to form another typ of energy in this case fossil fuel in internal combustion engine, to turn a alternator to make AC voltage, there is a loss of efficiency up to 10-20%.

And it doesnt stop there, there are furthe efficiency losses during taking the electrical energy and turning into eletomagnetic energy via motors and all the other electrical devices with in the system.

I just dont get it.

But to not to get off the point here, i would say that the our flett numbers are similiar in respects to tk and ctc,

The fleets here are majority tk over carrier probaly the same as yours.

I think what happens, is the customers here try to split all the unit buying up to keep everyone happy and honest.

This tends to make the market more of a competitve market.

On the other hand i have seen customers get furious with Dealer staff and say #$% on you im going to buy a carrier.

These angry customers always found there way back to TK and most holding there head saying what was i thinking.

Its hard to say what the world is doing in regards to all the same problems, My old boss was selling all the stuff he took in on trade to third world countries, for top dollar, the problem of it was these units were so tired and shot, they were not worth hardly a nickel.

I have built good relationships with my customers here in my area by educating them on best practices, they had the same concerns you have mentioned, but now they dont, there PMs are more thorough, and the best practices are applied each and everytime. These fleets that i deal with here are well oiled maintained machines.

They are not purchasing compressors everyother day along with pc boards and alternators water pumps fuel lines, because they are educated in the best course of action to prevent the costly embarrasing failures.

In the end i think it all comes down to how the equipment is maintained, and was the unit speced properly from day 1.

A good sales guy will help the customer determine which units will be best for there application, will optiset be involved what about reserves and capacity. There is alot ot be thought about when determing equipment application.

The units in my area only maybe accumulate on average of 2200K hrs a year, with a total ontime hr meter reading of 5k+.

There is alot ot be said about the educating the customer and techs involved in the whole process.

It is true the Carriers did not hold up well here, but as i think about it there were never any educators or technical field support techs in the field for carrier like I was at my tk dealership.

A-Z

Latte
06-01-2008, 05:13 AM
You know Gravy,

The carrier Vector is getting alot of hype here in the US. Do you have those there in Australia?

There is alot of technology in that unit.

I just cant see how carrier utilizes a diesel engine to convert to electrical power to make this unit work, and in the same breathe say it saves on fuel along with more efficient.

A-Z

Carrier are not the first to do this - remember transfrig :eek:

I think a lot of the hype for the vector is about downtime. Yes, they had a few problems when they first come out, Evaperator heaters :eek::eek::eek:, Faulty Generators (Poss down to going on high speed engine revs too quickly and not getting rid of dampness first on low speed) although dont know if this has ever been confimed. Long and short is that vectors are now very reliable (UK anyway) electrical components outlast belts anyday

If any unit is maintained in accordance with its scedule then they shouldnt break down :D

And as far as fleets are concerned, the best ones are a mixture of TK and Carrier, it just stops the dealers getting complacement with you and try not to give you an excuse to but the others when fleet replacement due

For me, G&A trailer with a vector on the front :D
(Sorry John) :eek:

regards

Fatboy

absolute-zero
06-01-2008, 05:30 AM
Carrier are not the first to do this - remember transfrig :eek:

I think a lot of the hype for the vector is about downtime. Yes, they had a few problems when they first come out, Evaperator heaters :eek::eek::eek:, Faulty Generators (Poss down to going on high speed engine revs too quickly and not getting rid of dampness first on low speed) although dont know if this has ever been confimed. Long and short is that vectors are now very reliable (UK anyway) electrical components outlast belts anyday

If any unit is maintained in accordance with its scedule then they shouldnt break down :D

And as far as fleets are concerned, the best ones are a mixture of TK and Carrier, it just stops the dealers getting complacement with you and try not to give you an excuse to but the others when fleet replacement due

For me, G&A trailer with a vector on the front :D
(Sorry John) :eek:

regards

Fatboy

Well said.:D

A-Z

gravy258
07-01-2008, 02:01 AM
Hello All, thank you Thermo Prince ! Some of it is justified. At no point have I mentioned or slandered any TK dealer by name, or have I been geographically specific, so as to avoid this.
As for scrounging software, we don't even have these updates in Australia. It is well acknowledged that the home of the product would have the most recent developments.
The salaries I talk about are the base salaries. This is what it pays in this country and I accept that. It doesn't hurt to talk about general conditions in transport as a whole. No where does it say about long hours and being under payed.
The issues, none of them are defamation of the product. They are the day to day issues that are dealt with. It was posted here in the hope that the rest of the world already has a fix. I worked at a dealer and they had no quick fix. The issues I listed are from my recent time at the dealer. Is it not what this forum is about, problem solving and general chatter ? I've already learnt all about the updated X430. So for me its been positive. If someone had the answer to the MPVI Code 4, that'd be fantastic.
I'm sorry Thermo Price if you've taken me out of context. My posting wasn't meant to be taken that way.

absolute-zero
07-01-2008, 02:39 AM
Hello All, thank you Thermo Prince ! Some of it is justified. At no point have I mentioned or slandered any TK dealer by name, or have I been geographically specific, so as to avoid this.
As for scrounging software, we don't even have these updates in Australia. It is well acknowledged that the home of the product would have the most recent developments.
The salaries I talk about are the base salaries. This is what it pays in this country and I accept that. It doesn't hurt to talk about general conditions in transport as a whole. No where does it say about long hours and being under payed.
The issues, none of them are defamation of the product. They are the day to day issues that are dealt with. It was posted here in the hope that the rest of the world already has a fix. I worked at a dealer and they had no quick fix. The issues I listed are from my recent time at the dealer. Is it not what this forum is about, problem solving and general chatter ? I've already learnt all about the updated X430. So for me its been positive. If someone had the answer to the MPVI Code 4, that'd be fantastic.
I'm sorry Thermo Price if you've taken me out of context. My posting wasn't meant to be taken that way.

Hi Gravy,

i just wanted to make a quick comment on the above,

I am from the US where tk headqurters are. as well am intuned to what North america is doing with there service related issues.

I can never positively say what other countries are doing our there service related issues, as far as S/W updates and bulletins, it is tough to pin point which would be best.

TK units are manufacyurred worldide and built to global and local law specifics. If I have SB 210 here, you may have a SL 210 there, two differnt animals on structuiral desing and ohter small misc. factors, the same goes for all the the other Product lines, what may work here is good enopugh for here but for you or another country it may be differnt.

I cant postively say with 100% certaintly that our service issues here are the same for you, along with that I cant say psotively our S/W will work or correct your issues.

I can only offer what i see going on here in the US Canada with TRU equipment.

Regards, A-Z

chillin out
07-01-2008, 07:55 PM
@thermo prince and absolute-zero.
You have taken the original post completley out of context, how is it that a thread can co on for a couple of days and then suddenly you can turn it around to mean something different.

The title of the thread is a question. So there is nothing wrong with that.
Gravy258 has never said anything defamatory against any company on this post so why do you attack his posts without reason.

It just strikes strange that half way through a thread you can turn it into something it not.

Please try to understand your fellow members.

Chillin:):)